Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] 4.0.2 Upgrade Affected Widget Display - Right Edge MISSING

Hello,

I upgraded to 4.0.2 and now the right edge of ALL my widgets is MISSING.

Click image for larger version

Name:	widget_right_edg&#.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	3714888

I thought maybe this had to do with changes affecting the grid, so I went back and tried several of your defalt grids (both fixed and fluid), with the same results. I thought maybe this had to do with changes in your widgets, so I tried to make new default widgets, but with the same results.

Any idea what has happened here, and how I can correct it? BTW, it was fine immediately prior to the upgrade, there have been no other changes.

Thanks for your help.
    Jeff

check the margins and padding in the widget stylevars

Comment

By the way, since I've been seeing this for a while now, and it appears not to have changed with your upgrade, is there really just supposed to be a text link whenever an image has been embedded into a post (like above)? I sure wish it showed at least a thumbnail of the image.

Also, in regards to the right edge of my widgets missing, I've checked out some other peoples (vB) sites who seem to be having the same problem that I am, however I'm not seeing the same condition on vB's forum here, so are you guys running some customized code, different from what you're providing to the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari27 View Post
        Hello. Thanks for the reply.

I don't understand. I've never had to mess with the "widget stylvars" before, why would this have changed with the upgrade, and why would the default grid and widgets not create widgets correctly anymore? Is this a bug?

Thanks again for the feedback.
        Jeff

Comment

I can see a thumbnail of the image you posted in the 1st post

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what you're telling me...

So are you saying that because of changes caused by the upgrade, I now need to manually edit the margins and padding in the stylevars for EACH widget? Do you know specificially what I need to change there, because I'm staring right at it and can't see what needs to change.

Thanks again.
            Jeff

Comment

I can see a thumbnail of the image you posted in the 1st post
              Wierd, I'm just seeing a text link. I tried both IE and Firefox, and all I see is a text link, when I click the text link I see the full image, but no thumbnail.

???

Comment

I have no idea really, if you have never changed them then it probably is not the issue you are having, our widgets moved around a little after upgrading but we had messed with the padding and margins previously

Comment

I have no idea really, if you have never changed them then it probably is not the issue you are having, our widgets moved around a little after upgrading but we had messed with the padding and margins previously
                  Are you having problems with the RIGHT side of your widgets displaying currently, as I am?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb_right_edge..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	3678084

Why is this NOT affected on vB, but it is on my site?

Comment

Well, you're not the only one having this problem, NashChristian.

I have exactly the same issue. I have tried changing almost everything I could think of in the Grid I am using, but it doesn't seem to go away. Decreasing the width of the column simply makes it narrower, without fixing the edge.

http://forums.pakfellows.com/
                      PakFellows Forums - A Pakistani Forum & Social Network

Comment

I have same problem

Comment

I have reported a bug for this.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36471

Comment

vBulletin we consider bug

Comment

Could you reply over there on the bug report, so that it shows that this is not the problem of a single individual?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X