Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marblespc3
    replied
    Thank everyone! I asked the user to clear his cache and cookies, upgrade the browser if still seeing the problem, and suggested FireFox if still having problems. If this doesn't solve his problem, I will ask Andy's questions - thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marblespc3 View Post
    I had a user complaining he could not start new threads.
    You need to be more specific. What happens when the user click on New thread?

Typically you will wan the user to clear their cache and cookies first.

Leave a comment:

• CrossEyedGamer
    replied
    AOL Browser?
    Sorry but AOL in itself is bad but using an AOL browser which is nothing more than added crap on top of IE means your user almost deserves to have problems. Yeah, I know that isn't the answer but hey, be a great forum owner and expert and advise them that they should upgrade to something a bit more user friendly.

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    I didn't even know that AOL still had a browser, but according to wiki... :P

Their page (http://browser.cdn.aol.com/customie8/aol/download.html) also is basically a front for IE8, which they signed a contract with to use the same engines as IE8 did... So it should work fine, unless he's using some ridiculously out of date version.

Ask him when he last upgraded.

Leave a comment:

• Marblespc3
    started a topic [Forum] Can't start a new thread using AOL browser

Can't start a new thread using AOL browser

I had a user complaining he could not start new threads. After I asked about his browser he said "I use AOL Browser, same as I have for years. So, I checked using the IE Browser and the Firefox Mozilla Browser and it looks like they work fine. I know AOL sometimes creats problems for some websites. I know the Portland Trailblazers website a few years back would not work using the AOL Browser but they (Blazers) did something so their website was compatible with AOL. Maybe you can check with 'your people' to see what can be done? Thanks."

Is this a known vB 4 bug? Any fix planned?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X