4.0.2 Styling Messed Up in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by testbot View Post
    companies don't believe in "the customer is always right" anymore. it's very rare that they do. they feel they can tell you how and when you have to buy something and if you don't like it too bad. companies that start going back to the good ol' "the customer is always right" will win customers very easily. i'm not just talking about vbulletin either.
    Well if they dont start they will be loosing customers im not paying next year for a rubbish forum like we basicly have done now this year.

Originally posted by Fly View Post
    Well, the problem is that they obviously rushed vb4 out. Which means they have to rush 4.0.1 to fix bugs, which means they have to rush 4.0.2, ad nauseum.
    If they took their time and took longer for a clean bug version im sure we thank them, we'd surely wait for a clean version than have loads of buggy ones

Comment

Originally posted by Mike4Kayla View Post
      If they took their time and took longer for a clean bug version im sure we thank them, we'd surely wait for a clean version than have loads of buggy ones
      With as borked as 4.0.2 is, I really don't want to wait a month or two for 4.0.3. maybe I'm alone tho...

Comment

will we get an answer on how to fix this? our IE users are still complaining.

Comment

Oh well. Since nobody seems to care I spend the part of the day tracking it down and fixing it. Below is the fix.

AdminCP> Style Manager> CSS Templates> vbulletin-ie.css

Find:
          Code:
          .bbcode_container {
              width:100%;
          }
          .bbcode_quote, .quote_container {
              width:98%;
          }
          Replace:
          Code:
          /*.bbcode_container {
          }
          }*/

Comment

OMG, ur like a dev, only better!

Comment

lol thank you

Comment

lol thank you
                Thank you for that, it was getting on everyone's nerves.

Comment

yea, i hate IE but i know some people that post from work have no choice but to use it. i guess i could have tracked it down sooner but i felt it was vbulletin's responsibility. finally after our IE members wouldn't shut up and i noticed people dropping off i had to change it.

glad it helped some other ppl out too.

Comment

Oh well. Since nobody seems to care I spend the part of the day tracking it down and fixing it. Below is the fix.

AdminCP> Style Manager> CSS Templates> vbulletin-ie.css

Find:
                    Code:
                    .bbcode_container {
                    }
                    }
                    Replace:
                    Code:
                    /*.bbcode_container {
                    }
                    }*/

It's still not fixed in 4.0.3 (it's driving me and my members nuts and looks highly unprofessional!)...and the above fix does not work for me. Any idea how to fix this in 4.0.3? Thanks!

Comment

Curious if this has been addressed as we have hundreds of members with the same issue.....months later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela View Post
                        It's still not fixed in 4.0.3 (it's driving me and my members nuts and looks highly unprofessional!)...and the above fix does not work for me. Any idea how to fix this in 4.0.3? Thanks!
                        i'll be upgrading this week to 4.0.3 and i'll take a look. it sucks we have to track this stuff down ourselves.

Comment

Tested in Disasternet Exploder 7 with 4.0.3 no joy.
                          Try 4.0.4: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...d=36268&page=2

Comment

It was only reported about 2 months ago, I mean - why fix it with 4.0.3? Waiting till 4.0.4 seems like a MUCH better solution. Does vB need any project managers, cause I'd LOVE to work here.

Comment

Does anyone know of a temporary fix for this while we wait for 4.0.4 to be released? I'm losing site members because of this...and it looks SO unprofessional on our end! Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X