• Show
Clear All

• ChaFF
    replied
    Thanks for prompt response, Lynne.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The CMS has a section when you edit the section/article where you may put in your own keywords and description. It's on the bottom right of the edit page under the heading "Metadata Information"

Leave a comment:

• ChaFF
    replied
    CMS Meta tags adjustment

Is it allowed to adjust this on a CMS page to put my own meta tags?
    if so how can I do it?

<meta name="keywords" content="The Front Page, vBulletin 4.0, CMS" />
    <meta name="description" content="vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite with CMS" />

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Sure. Just put this conditon around it:
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">
    stuff
    </vb:if>

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    I don't have any page that looks like that. But, I'll assume it is the Section Title since it has the rss button next to it. So, use the trick I posted above about how to find the template and then you may remove it. *However*, if you remove it, you are taking away your ability to hover over the section title and then edit the section. Have you given any thought on how you will handle that?

Could I put a conditional around it allowing just Admin's to see it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I don't have any page that looks like that. But, I'll assume it is the Section Title since it has the rss button next to it. So, use the trick I posted above about how to find the template and then you may remove it. *However*, if you remove it, you are taking away your ability to hover over the section title and then edit the section. Have you given any thought on how you will handle that?

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    If I could get this fixed, this would be so great. It's the bold 'Home' and RSS button that I'm looking to remove. I'll start with 'Home' first.

I don't want to turn off syndication, just do not want the button displayed here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-&amp;#4.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	3678134

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I would help, except when I go to my Home tab, I see the word Home in four different places and have no idea which one you want to remove. An image would really help. You said Section Name, but I know two of the Home words on my page are the section name. Most likely, you will have to edit the template and remove the section name there. However, remember that that is also how you edit the section. So, if you remove the name, you will want to put the little editor pencil somewhere that you can still somehow get to.

To find the template to modify, do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code. (Sometimes the template is the one mentioned at the very top of the page source.)

Leave a comment:

• Ferrari27
    replied
    The phrase is - $vbphrase[vbcms_title] (I think) so I guess you just need to search the templates and remove it?

Leave a comment:

• Bo Peep
    replied
    I would like to know how to do this too, please.

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    replied
    Sorry to bump this, but I decided to submit a trouble ticket and was none too pleased with the response. It's difficult to wait 11 hours for a response and then to have them push back a non-answer. I've been working in this software for almost two months and know how to edit the name of a section.

I need to remove that name from my index/homepage. Not sure about others, but how many sites have 'HOME' at the top of their sites. It's tacky and I simply want to remove it. Anyone have suggestions on what template needs to be edited and how to remove it.

Leave a comment:

• cmeinck
    started a topic [CMS] Remove 'Home' from front page of CMS

Remove 'Home' from front page of CMS

How do I go about removing the text 'Home' (section name) from appearing on the article front page of the CMS?