Question about favicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Question about favicon

What determines if the vbulletin's own favicon is shown or not? I dont know where to change this, I just know that if I upload a favicon.ico to root it should be shown.
    AMD Forum

Make sure to also delete the vbulletin one if it is in a child directory or else that one will be used when a user looks at a file in that directory. Also, unless you clear your browser cache, it may take a while for the favicon to show up for you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Where is the vbulletin favicon by default? I cand edit any faviconn settings in the admin control panel?
      AMD Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Astyanax View Post
        Where is the vbulletin favicon by default? I cand edit any faviconn settings in the admin control panel?
        Favicons are always in the root directory of the website and is called 'favicon.ico'
        I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Astyanax View Post
          It's in the upload folder from your vbulletin download. You do not edit it in the admin cp, if you don't want it, simply don't upload it. And if you want to put your own there, simply create it, call it favicon.ico and upload it to your root.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

hi, I have a problem with favicon displaying. I put it into root folder, but unfortunately it doesn't work. File is ok, because it worked in v4.0.1 ...

Comment

I just tried to view it at http://www.trancesonic.fm/favicon.ico and got a 404 not found. Perhaps you accidentally deleted it?

Comment

Hi Lynne, I thought that root is placed in /portal folder, where original favicon is, which I replaced. Big thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X