4.0.2 Installation Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] 4.0.2 Installation Error

Trying to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 and I get this error on step 6 of the upgrade:

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.2:
    Invalid SQL:
    ALTER TABLE cms_node ADD hidden SMALLINT DEFAULT 0;
    MySQL Error : Duplicate column name 'hidden'
    Error Number : 1060
    Request Date : Tuesday, February 16th 2010 @ 05:20:38 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, February 16th 2010 @ 05:20:38 PM
    Script : http://www.boatinghowto.com/install/...ade.php?step=6
    Referrer : http://www.boatinghowto.com/install/...ade.php?step=5
    IP Address : 76.107.180.11
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.87.d10-ourdelta

What does this mean? How do I fix it?......... What would happen if instead of running the upgrade script I ran Install.php...would it erase anything important or would I lose any data?

Yes it would erase all data if you went to install.php, sorry i cannot offer you any assistance....

Comment

okay better not try that then, hopefully someone can help me figure out why the upgrade won't work

Comment

Don't run install.php it won't fix anything.

For some reason you already have a colum named hidden in that table. You'll have to wait for someone to give a query that you can run that will either remove or rename that column for you.

Comment

thanks nforums, i also just realized i posted this in the wrong section of the forums

well tried going back to 4.0.1 and still got the same error, but at least the website works, ironically it says v4.0.2

SOLVED: finally figured out how to delete the column with phpmyadmin and got it installed
          Last edited by alaska_av8r; Tue 16 Feb '10, 8:43pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X