Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovinmysailor
    replied
    I am still having a problem with the Profile Albums. I have changed the permissions on the attachments as suggested but still not working. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• David Grove
    replied
    I believe the 403 error is addressed here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36425

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Thanks for posting the solution to your album problem, athlon64bit! I know this will help others (and already has).

So, now on to the 403 error..... you also get it when logging into that one users account. You say you don't get it when logging into other test accounts that also are in the same usergroup. Is the first user, or your test user, also part of any secondary groups also?
    I am glad that I have been able to help here Lynne. I have posted a bug here. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36598 It might get flagged as not a bug or "won't fix", we shall see.

My forum does not make use of the additional usergroup feature and I have checked and none of our usergroups have "additional users". Hmmm, I may have misinformed you of the usergroup issue. I actually have two usergroups for registered non-staff users. When testing it with my test account on the brand new registered users I get the 403 permissions error. I have figured out what the problem is and I believe that it is a bug (which I have a work around for included in the bug report) but have posted the bug here. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36596

I think that this looks like I have resolved all of my issues. Thank you so much for your help Lynne. Your comments helped me double check my testing and I then found the solution.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Thanks for posting the solution to your album problem, athlon64bit! I know this will help others (and already has).

So, now on to the 403 error..... you also get it when logging into that one users account. You say you don't get it when logging into other test accounts that also are in the same usergroup. Is the first user, or your test user, also part of any secondary groups also?

Leave a comment:

• s.f.w.
    replied
    Originally posted by athlon64bit View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. Yes those options are enabled Lynne. Ok, I have resolved the issue, I think vbulletin have changed the album in vb version 4 and it now needs attachment permissions to work. I had denied permissions to all usergroups because I did not want to use the attachment feature, it worked like that on vb version 3.x. I imagine rfranklin and seeveral other people with similar errors have the same cause.
    Thank you for your reply, your solution solved my issue. I changed the attachment permissions, and everything is working fine again.

Leave a comment:

• s.f.w.
    replied
    athlon, I assume you are storing your album images in the filesystem? that puts them all into the same folder as the attachments. Do you have any problems uploading attachments or is it only albums? And right now the error is not the 403 but instead the basic vBulletin No Permission message? Is everyone getting the message? vbotpions > user profile > enabled features > albums is checked? And in Usergroup Manager > User Album Permissions > Can Have Album and Upload Pictures is set to Yes?
    I am having this issue as well. I have checked the suggested permissions, and both are set to yes. The issue persists though.

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    athlon, I assume you are storing your album images in the filesystem? that puts them all into the same folder as the attachments. Do you have any problems uploading attachments or is it only albums? And right now the error is not the 403 but instead the basic vBulletin No Permission message? Is everyone getting the message? vbotpions > user profile > enabled features > albums is checked? And in Usergroup Manager > User Album Permissions > Can Have Album and Upload Pictures is set to Yes?
    Thank you very much for your reply. Yes those options are enabled Lynne. Ok, I have resolved the issue, I think vbulletin have changed the album in vb version 4 and it now needs attachment permissions to work. I had denied permissions to all usergroups because I did not want to use the attachment feature, it worked like that on vb version 3.x. I imagine rfranklin and seeveral other people with similar errors have the same cause.

Now that leaves the last and perhaps more difficult thing to figure out,,,, the 403 error on the home page of the suite. It does not seem to be computer specific, nor does it seem to be usergroup specific but it does seem to be user account specific. One member who kept gettting this error gave me her password and I tried logging on her account several times and I get the error on her account but I do not get the error when logging on one of my test account in the same usergroup. It can't be mod_security because the server is windows. Webhost is not running in safe mode. I dunno if there is some other security application for windows servers which can mess with vbulletin? Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• rfranklin
    replied
    For myself anyway, both are set to allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rfranklin
    replied
    This is exactly what I get. I have full admin access to my forum as well so I know it has to be a weird issue.

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    Originally posted by rfranklin View Post
    I'm getting the album upload permission error as well. I have to assume it's not vbulletin becuase it works fine on vbulletin.com with 4.0.2 but I have checked and all seem to have permission for the albums. Hopefully there is something minor that we are overlooking.
    When I try to upload a picture it launches a window newattachment.php and I get the following error.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Is this what you get?

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    UPDATE: Some problems remain but got a couple fixed. My webhost resolved the profile picture and avatar problems by changing the CHMOD settings on the tmp folder to 777. This leaves the no permission error when anyone clicks on upload photo as discussed above and my webhost says he cannot do anything about that until vbulletin staff give info on what needs modified for the album picture upload to work. Also the 403 error for the home page of the suite still needs resolved. I have discussed thesse remaining errors above in more detail. I need more feedback from vbuletin staff or other knowledgable people to resolve these remaining issues. Thanks! If it is any use my webhost is NOT running the server in safe mode.

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    Ok, here is the scoop, my webhost suspects that it is to do with a CHMOD setting that needs fixing. He asked me to ask the vbulletin staff here, which folders need special settings eg 777 or whatever for vbulletin functions to operate properly? If vbulletin staff or someone knowledgable could give this information that would be great.

I have done the following steps to try and resolve this issue, disabled all hooks/addons first via admin CP and then tried doing it via config.php file, created a new template style, run a suspect files check and deleted all non vbulletin files from includes/xml folder and then cleared browser cache and restarted browser. I have previously tried reuploading all vbulletin files and then also did the same again when installing version 4.0.2. I have also checked all settings via adminCP. None of these steps have worked.

Leave a comment:

• rfranklin
    replied
    I'm getting the album upload permission error as well. I have to assume it's not vbulletin becuase it works fine on vbulletin.com with 4.0.2 but I have checked and all seem to have permission for the albums. Hopefully there is something minor that we are overlooking.

Leave a comment:

• athlon64bit
    replied
    Are you getting anything in your error_logs? That may have a clue what is going on.

You can edit the index.php file to point to the forum.php page instead of the content.php page (just look at the file - it tells you how to do it).
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me Lynne. I am not getting any SQL errors related to this issue delivered to my email inbox. I have tried to access my log files via ftp but I do not have access/permission to view the folder. I will ask my webhost for the error log.

I also have another error which I would guess is connected. Nobody, not even admins, or super admins can upload pictures to their album. They get the following error message.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Is there any reason that this error could be happening? As far as I can tell I have permissions to upload pictures to their albums and I do not believe that it is related to any settings in admin CP. A similar problem occurs when users try and upload an avatar or profile picture. When trying to upload a file for avatar or upload a profile picture users get the error "Unable to move/copy file". What could be causing this? These errors regarding picture uploading effect all user groups including admins and super admins. The only thing that I wondered was the cmod settings on my server? I wonder could they be set wrong on folders and preventing picture upload? I dunno, my gut feeling is that the home page of the suite and the picture errors are connected as they seemed to occur at the same time but I could be wrong, maybe there are two seperate issues going on.

Thank you for the information regarding editing the index.php which partial resolves the problem - it resolves the login 403 error at least, some users still will get the error when trying to view the suite home page though. I do not believe that this is connected to any improper upload of files or addons as disabling addons does not seem to work and also I have recently done another careful upload and upgrade for vbulletin 4.0.2 which has not resolved this issue.
    Last edited by athlon64bit; Sun 21st Feb '10, 2:08pm.

Leave a comment: