Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to control the size of contents of article preview ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How to control the size of contents of article preview ?

I have only 2.5 lines shown in the preview.
    I want to increase the size of preview content in my CMS home page.

Please help

In the WYSIWYG editor, the last icon on the bottom line is 'Insert Preview Break' - click on that and then drag the line that will appear in the editor to the position you want the preview to end
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks Trevor,
      when I used this option, the BB codes appear with the article preview text.
      Any idea why this happens ?

Comment

Can you give us a link to an example?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I have now read at least through 10 threads with the same question how to increase the preview length text and always the same answer is given: use the preview break.

I don't want to use the preview break but have it changed in the code. Where can i change it so all articles have the same amount of characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
            I have now read at least through 10 threads with the same question how to increase the preview length text and always the same answer is given: use the preview break.

I don't want to use the preview break but have it changed in the code. Where can i change it so all articles have the same amount of characters?
            I am sure I've read that you can set preview length text via the adminCP in 4.05, have you upgraded to that yet?

testing 1..2..3

Comment

What is_it_me said. Beginning with v405 go to admincp > settings > options > content management > default preview length. Note that if you set a preview break in the editor that still wins.
              Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Thanks Edwin Brown
                it is a nice update
                Personal Fitness

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
                  What is_it_me said. Beginning with v405 go to admincp > settings > options > content management > default preview length. Note that if you set a preview break in the editor that still wins.
                  I'm on 4.0.8 and the default preview length makes no difference. It stays the same no matter what I set it to. Neither do I have a preview break button.

Any ideas please?

Comment

Originally posted by plutonash View Post
                    I'm on 4.0.8 and the default preview length makes no difference. It stays the same no matter what I set it to. Neither do I have a preview break button.

Any ideas please?
                    When you changed the preview length, did you clear the CMS cache? I am on 4.0.8 and I need to clear the cache for the changes to take place.

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by wrx1 View Post
                      When you changed the preview length, did you clear the CMS cache? I am on 4.0.8 and I need to clear the cache for the changes to take place.

Russ
                      Thanks very much for your help, it worked a treat. You'd think there would be an instruction on the Content Management page of the AdminCP to that affect.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X