Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture upload faliures-with error message. Support help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Picture upload faliures-with error message. Support help?

Hi guys/gals,

We have several members who no matter what can not upload images. They can on other boards using 3.84 or other systems-just not ours with 4.01

Here is one example of a member who captured the image error. Does this help you see anything that would be causing this issue? The emmber had been able to post pictures previously.

We have members who upgraded to IE8 and Firefox 3.6 that also can post pictures.

Error code:

Fatal error:
    File system directory "/home/forumsg/attachments/1/0/5/6/5" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.

Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 849
    #0 vb_error_handler(256,

File system directory "/home/forumsg/attachments/1/0/5/6/5" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.
    Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class

All else works fine unsure of next steps to correct. I have a bunch of pics to load and need to work this out.

Here is another error message:

Fatal error:

* Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.

Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 849

So, can you find that directory and is it chmod to 777?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I will look intot his and follow up with you Lynn.

Comment

Corrected per the chmod change per each individual poster. Can a member wide fix be made?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X