No announcement yet.

Usergroup username markup in postbit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Usergroup username markup in postbit.

Though the 'whos online' section appears to follow the rules of usergroup html markup, (as set in the admincp>usergroup manager>username html markup) within the postbit they follow 'Links' stylevar rules like any link on the page.

Searched and can't see another thread.

Others must have noticed this so perhaps I've searched badly.

Either way, how do I get the postbit username html markup to reflect the usergroup manager>username html markup settings?

What code did you use for your markup? I used basic CSS for my markup and it works just fine on my test site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

In the postbit, the username attached to a post is treated as any other link, so it doesn't matter what markup I used if you see what I mean.

Admin and Mods were only in <span style="font-weight: bold;">username</span>

Comment

I guess I don't understand the problem then - perhaps an image or a link or something? I thought you were complaining that the link color/style of the username wasn't changing based on the html markup. font-weight, however, is going to be useless since all the usernames are put into <strong> tags which will make all the usernames bold. You'll have to remove that from the template or use the html markup to set the font-weight to normal for other usergroups (not tried).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Its definately something the forums never did before.

Basically when viewing a thread (or anything else bar 'who's online) the usernames are treated as links and so are all the same.

There's no stylevar for username.

Therefore the admncp>usergroup manager>usergroup html markup is fairly pointless in postbit.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand the problem. If I change the color for the admin usergroup on my site, it changes the link color for the username in the postbit, in Currently Active users, in online.php and several other areas. Are you saying that isn't so for you? I really think an image would help here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit..png
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	3677993Click image for larger version

Name:	online..png
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	3677994

Ok, from the above pics you will see two user posts in the postbit, where the usernames markup is identical.

This is because as far as the css is concerned they're just another link.

From the who's online you'll see how the markup for the usergroup 'moderators' is actually set. I figure who's online has it's own css??

I dunno, I'm off to figure out why showgroups.php doesn't care for user permissions. The fact you're not allowed to see a forum doesn't mean you can't see its leaders and that the forum exists. Dur.

Comment

As I already said above, the font-weight is already set to <strong>, so if you want regular users to not have strong usernames (that means it is bold for most/all browsers), then you will need to set the font-weight to normal for regular users in the html markup boxes.

Comment

Right.

Finally clicks....

It's a litle counter-intuitive but it works. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X