Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laundry List of Bugs in VBulletin 4 - Am I Alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Laundry List of Bugs in VBulletin 4 - Am I Alone?

I just recently upgraded to Vbulletin 4.0 from 3.7 and I have discovered a ton of bugs. If anyone can instruct me on how to correct these things, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

1. Too much space between a post and signature.

2. Gray blocks show up in internet explorer.

3. Copy and paste doesn't work in post editor.

4. Join date, location info is not aligned in avatar box.

5. Can't add a video without having to add two fields of text.

6. No CMS option in control panel.

7. No blog option after upgrade.

8. There is no longer a forum menu button in the bottom right corner of pages like in 3.7. This was really convenient for members.

1. Add to additional.css:
    Code:
    /* move up signature */
    .postbitlegacy .after_content {
    clear:none; }
    2. Don't know what you are talking about.

3. You must be using the WYSIWYG editor in order to copy/paste

4. Don't know what you are talking about - it looks fine here - is yours different?

5. Are you clicking on the little video box in the editor to add it? It only has one input box, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

6 & 7. Make sure your plugins are enabled again (you should have disabled them in the config.php file prior to upgrading, now you need to enable them again.)

8. Don't know what you are talking about.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      1. Add to additional.css:
      Code:
      /* move up signature */
      .postbitlegacy .after_content {
      clear:none; }
      2. Don't know what you are talking about.

3. You must be using the WYSIWYG editor in order to copy/paste

4. Don't know what you are talking about - it looks fine here - is yours different?

5. Are you clicking on the little video box in the editor to add it? It only has one input box, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

6 & 7. Make sure your plugins are enabled again (you should have disabled them in the config.php file prior to upgrading, now you need to enable them again.)

8. Don't know what you are talking about.
      Thank you so much for taking the time to address my post Lynne. I really appreciate it.

1. Where exactly do I add that code? Does it matter where i place it?

2. Take a look at one my threads in Explorer and you'll see a lot of gray space where a signature would normally be at. http://www.boxingfanatics.com/wpz/fo...on-League-2010

3. Is there a way to set the WYSIWYG editor as the default?

4. Check out the link I provided and you'll see that the join date, location, and post info aren't aligned on my site.

5. I'm clicking the little video box but it won't let me post the video without adding at least 2 fields of text. Without text it gives me error and asks for two fields of text minimum. Any way to get rid of the text requirement?

6. How do I enable them? Just open up config.php and do it there?

7. Nevermind. I just noticed it's still there.

Again, thank you for taking the time to address these issues. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Comment

1. I told you to add it to additional.css

2. I'm on a Mac - I don't have explorer

3. If you have given yourself permission to run queries in your config.php file, then you can do it under Maintenance > MySQL query > select it from the dropdown > continue

4. It's probably because of that Donkey Kong thing. Get rid of that and see if you still have the same issue. (it is not coded correctly - it has no <dd> tag after the <dt> tag)

5. I don't know what you are seeing - perhaps post an image? When I click the insert video tag, I only have a text field to enter the url.

6. Remove this line from the config.php file:
        PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
        If that's not there, then enable it in vboptions > plugins > On

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

number 5 I think he means that now the video link doesn't count as text so when you reply it will ask for the minimum text you have set up in options, when I used to have the youtube plugin it would count it as text so it would meet the minimum now I have to put at least ... since my minimum is 3 characters for a post

Comment

Originally posted by westpak View Post
            number 5 I think he means that now the video link doesn't count as text so when you reply it will ask for the minimum text you have set up in options, when I used to have the youtube plugin it would count it as text so it would meet the minimum now I have to put at least ... since my minimum is 3 characters for a post
            That is a setting in the admin cp, however you always must post at least 1 character. There may be a modification over on vbulletin.org to disable this, but there is no way to disable it in default vbulletin.

Comment

yes I know, the point I am making and I think OP is making in item 5 is that the code and link for a picture or video used to count as the minimum characters in vb 3.8, now it doesn't in VB 4.0

Comment

yeap that is it

Comment

With regards to the Blog and CMS not showing up in admincp, make sure you're logging in using the user account you ORIGINALLY installed vBulletin with. Since Blogs and CMS are new products, any additional admin accounts you've created don't have access them until you grant it.

That one plagued me for a whole day before I figured it out.

Regards,

ErnestA
                  Help Desk / Asset Management Software
                  K12Advantage.com. Collaboration in K-12 Education

Comment

1. I told you to add it to additional.css

2. I'm on a Mac - I don't have explorer

3. If you have given yourself permission to run queries in your config.php file, then you can do it under Maintenance > MySQL query > select it from the dropdown > continue

4. It's probably because of that Donkey Kong thing. Get rid of that and see if you still have the same issue. (it is not coded correctly - it has no <dd> tag after the <dt> tag)

5. I don't know what you are seeing - perhaps post an image? When I click the insert video tag, I only have a text field to enter the url.

6. Remove this line from the config.php file:
                    PHP Code:
                    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
                    If that's not there, then enable it in vboptions > plugins > On
                    Lynne, I added the code to additional.css and while it did improve the spacing, there's still a good gap there. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by bf777 View Post
                      Lynne, I added the code to additional.css and while it did improve the spacing, there's still a good gap there. Any other suggestions?
                      That's because you have some bottom-padding set on the post content:
                      Code:
                      .postbitlegacy .postrow.has_after_content {
                      padding-bottom:4em;

}
                      Try a Search in Templates for that and find a stylevar to change or change it by adding a changed value to additional.css

Comment

That's because you have some bottom-padding set on the post content:
                        Code:
                        padding-bottom:4em;

}
                        Try a Search in Templates for that and find a stylevar to change or change it by adding a changed value to additional.css
                        Lynne, I found the code, but I'm not exactly sure what you're recommending. How do I fix this? Remember, I'm a newbie at this. haha Thanks!

Comment

One option is to edit that template (do a Search in Templates for ".postbitlegacy .postrow.has_after_content" to find it). The other option is to just add something to additional.css to change it:
                          HTML Code:
                          padding-bottom:1em;}

Comment

One option is to edit that template (do a Search in Templates for ".postbitlegacy .postrow.has_after_content" to find it). The other option is to just add something to additional.css to change it:
                            HTML Code:
                            padding-bottom:1em;}
                            Adding that one code to additional css didn't work so I guess I'll have to edit the template that contains ".postbitlegacy .postrow.has_after_content." Now that I've found it. What exactly do I edit in that template?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X