Home Page Viewing Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Home Page Viewing Problems

Our users get errors that they are unable to view the home page, its restricted, etc. How do we change this so that all of our registered users may view it?

(Its not our actual home page...but the link beside forums to 'home' if they click it they get errors, when they log in it sends them straight to 'home' and htey get the same error that says their not approved to view it etc.)

So, you have your index.php page set to go to content.php (did you know you could edit it to go to forum.php instead? Just look in the file - it has instructions). Anyway, so your users are getting No Permissions when they go to the Home page (content.php). Two things to check... first, make sure the Section is published (Home > hover over Section Title > click on pencil > Published (check that the date is now or in the past, not in the future). Then also check permissions in admin cp > vBulletin CMS > Permissions and make sure your users have permission Can Read.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Wonderful response It worked, it was the publishing bit I'd already explored the permissions. Thank you so much. If I enable users to 'write' to it, can they just leave comments or publish articles? Are they able to publish comments on the articles if they are able to 'read' it.

We'd like to let them leave comments but I was afraid to enable write and have them be able to write articles and not just comments.

Also where is the file with the instructions on editing the index.php
      Last edited by Aislinn; Thu 11th Feb '10, 8:34am.

Comment

Just open the index.php file and it says this:
        Code:
        /**
         * Use the CMS as the default script:
         */

require('content.php');

/**
         * Use the forum as the default script:
         */

// require('forum.php');
        So, comment out the content.php line and uncomment the forum.php line.

As for comments, I think by default, registered users may leave comments. You may check the Forum Permissions > look for vBCms Comments and check the permissions there for Registered Users.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Ive found it and changed it. Thank you very much.

They seem able to leave comments by default. Thanks again

Comment

Mistake post please ignore
            Attached Files

Comment

content.php permissions

I'm having the same problem, but the permissions are set to read, and the "home" section has been published.

What else could it be?

Thanks.

Comment

Make sure the Section has Show on Section widget set to Yes.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you! There's so much versatility, preferences, and options with the board that it's taking a while to realize everything. Thank you, again!

Comment

Working...
                  X