easier way to edit the style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] easier way to edit the style?

There's like 1,000 options in the style editor. Any tips to streamline the process?

Sadly no. You just have to trawl through the style vars and edit each one individually. I would have loved an option just to choose 3 colours and be done with it.

Comment

I believe there's further work being done on the StyleVar editor but this willnot make 4.0.2.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

This really blows. I am doing everything blind, basically. I am editing settings and refreshing then seeing no changes so I have no idea what I just edited.

Is there a guide anywhere? :\

Comment

I think someone already posted about FireBug somewhere, just do a search on these forums for FireBug
          using it you can do live changes on CSS, you need Firefox browser and FireBug addon, it also shows you the name of CSS classes which will perhaps help you find the right stylevar

Comment

Yeah, that helped but it's still a real pain.

Anyway, I'm having a problem...

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/index.php?styleid=3

The statusicons have pixels that shouldn't be there on the top corners. I double checked in photoshop and they are transparent so I don't know what's going on. The image urls are:

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/i...rum_new-48.png
            http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/i...rum_old-48.png

Can anyone help?

Comment

I believe its getting a white background from some setting, which is the only thing I can think of. you'renot covering up any white space with an image otherwise are you?

Comment

i'm new to vb, and reading around, somewhere i spotted this useful tip which was not obvious fron the documentation or interface (to me anyway!)

- when your editting stylevars, you can select more than one at a time, and all the options will show up in the frame on the right...

hope that's helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  I believe its getting a white background from some setting, which is the only thing I can think of. you'renot covering up any white space with an image otherwise are you?
                  No, I'm not trying to cover up any white space. If it is a background from a setting, then why is it only the top corners and not the bottom? In any case, could you point me in the right direction as to which stylevar I would need to edit?

Originally posted by sufilala View Post
                  i'm new to vb, and reading around, somewhere i spotted this useful tip which was not obvious fron the documentation or interface (to me anyway!)

- when your editting stylevars, you can select more than one at a time, and all the options will show up in the frame on the right...

hope that's helpful!
                  Yes, that is quite helpful.

Comment

It looks like it might be caused by the background image you're using for the forumhome rows. though I'm not sure which stylevar is controling that.

Comment

A stylevar editor that not even the vbulletin team understands. >_>

Comment

Who says I do not understand the issue? I can see that your image clearly has some white edges where it shouldn't be, but I am unable to reproduce the issue with my own images: http://www.average-jerks.com/forum.php?styleid=2

Comment

Originally posted by zeroality View Post
                          This really blows. I am doing everything blind, basically. I am editing settings and refreshing then seeing no changes so I have no idea what I just edited.

Is there a guide anywhere? :\
                          refresh after refresh

we all work like you - same way - serching for changes.
                          My Women's Forums:

Comment