Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
    i am running suite. and installed suite. i used to have the old blog
    Well then you have to uninstall the old blog as far as I understand.
    My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
    which exploded .............

Comment

Originally posted by leeman View Post
      Well then you have to uninstall the old blog as far as I understand.
      Not correct, the vBulletin blog would have been updated during the upgrade process.

Comment

it was updated and it works when take out that bit of code but then the CMS doesn't work.

Comment

When you go to the Manage Products and Plugin Manager screens, is there anything on either that is not related to vB CMS or vB Blog? Can you post screenshots showing these?
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Manage products

Warning: Plugins are currently globally disabled via config.php.

Installed Products
            Title Version Description Controls
            vBulletin 4.0.1
            vBulletin Blog 4.0.1 Personal web log, integrated with vBulletin.

vBulletin CMS 4.0.1 Content Management System

Comment

Plug manager

Warning: Plugins are currently globally disabled via config.php.

Plugin System
              Title Hook Location Active Controls
              Product : vBulletin
              Forum Stats, Total Online, Get Newest Member Name global_start [Edit] [Delete]
              Product : vBulletin Blog
              Admin DM: Blog Permission Field admindata_start [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin Perms: Blog Form admin_permissions_form [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin Perms: Blog Saving admin_permissions_process [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Add Blog Width Stylevars stylevar_edit_sizes [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Add Template Group for Blog template_groups [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Can Admin Blog can_administer [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Enable Delete Confirmation admin_delete_confirmation [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Handle Modify Css, Categories, Blocks useradmin_update_choose [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Merge Users useradmin_merge [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Populate User Editor useradmin_edit_column1 [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Rebuild Blog Category Permissions on Usergroup Deletion admin_usergroup_kill [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Rebuild Blog Category Permissions on Usergroup Modification admin_usergroup_save_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              Admin: Update Blog User Table when User is saved useradmin_update_save [Edit] [Delete]
              BBCODE Parsing: Blog Entry, Comment and Description Parsing bbcode_parse_start [Edit] [Delete]
              Cron: Daily Cleanup cron_script_cleanup_daily [Edit] [Delete]
              Editor: Blog Editor Switch editor_switch_wysiwyg_to_standard [Edit] [Delete]
              Editor: Setup Toolbar for Blog editor_toolbar_switch [Edit] [Delete]
              fetch_userinfo(): Add Blog Fields/Joins fetch_userinfo_query [Edit] [Delete]
              fetch_userinfo(): Process Blog User Options fetch_userinfo [Edit] [Delete]
              Forum Home: Process Blog Stats forumhome_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              Global: Process blogids and setup keywords for entry global_state_check [Edit] [Delete]
              Member Profile: Add Blog Entries to Statistics Blocks member_profileblock_fetch_unwrapped [Edit] [Delete]
              Member Profile: Add Blog Links to standard MEMBERINFO display member_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              Member Profile: Add Blog Tab member_build_blocks_start [Edit] [Delete]
              Mod Log: Add blog actions to $blogmodlogactions fetch_modlogactions [Edit] [Delete]
              Mod Log: Add blog actions to $blogmodlogtypes fetch_modlogtypes [Edit] [Delete]
              Mod Log: Process links for view output admin_modlogviewer_query_linkfield [Edit] [Delete]
              Mod Log: Remove extra forum results for viewing admin_modlogviewer_query_loop [Edit] [Delete]
              Mod Log: Set up viewer to handle blog actions admin_modlogviewer_query [Edit] [Delete]
              Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid process_templates_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              Navbar: Notification List notifications_list [Edit] [Delete]
              Non Blog Scripts: Include blog requirements init_startup [Edit] [Delete]
              Postbit: Add links to blog postbit_display_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              Postbit: Fetch blog information on Ajax Edit editpost_edit_ajax [Edit] [Delete]
              Postbit: Fetch blog information on Ajax Post newreply_post_ajax [Edit] [Delete]
              Postbit: Fetch blog information on Showpost showpost_start [Edit] [Delete]
              Postbit: Fetch blog information on Showthread showthread_query [Edit] [Delete]
              Sidebar: Empty Parsed Custom Blocks (Admin Options Update) admin_options_processing_censorcode [Edit] [Delete]
              Sidebar: Empty Parsed Custom Blocks (BB Code Update) admin_cache_bbcode [Edit] [Delete]
              Sidebar: Empty Parsed Custom Blocks (Smilies Update) admin_cache_smilies [Edit] [Delete]
              Startup: Merge Blog Templates into $globaltemplates cache_templates [Edit] [Delete]
              Style: Override Style and Setup Group Blog Permissions style_fetch [Edit] [Delete]
              User CP: Insert Blog Navbar Entry usercp_nav_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              User DM: Add blog fields to $validfields userdata_start [Edit] [Delete]
              User DM: Delete User userdata_delete [Edit] [Delete]
              User DM: Rename User userdata_update_username [Edit] [Delete]
              Who's Online: Display Locations online_location_unknown [Edit] [Delete]
              Who's Online: ID to Title online_ids_titles [Edit] [Delete]
              Who's Online: Process Locations online_location_process [Edit] [Delete]
              Who's Online: URL Translator online_location_preprocess [Edit] [Delete]
              Product : vBulletin CMS
              Cache Templates: CMS cache_templates [Edit] [Delete]
              Navbar: Insert CMS Navbar Entry process_templates_complete [Edit] [Delete]
              vBCms Admin Can Admin can_administer [Edit] [Delete]
              vBCms Admin DM CMS Permission Field admindata_start [Edit] [Delete]
              vBCms Admin Perms: CMS Form admin_permissions_form [Edit] [Delete]
              vBCms Admin Perms: CMS Saving admin_permissions_process [Edit] [Delete]
              vBCms Template Group template_groups [Edit] [Delete]

Comment

Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
                it was updated and it works when take out that bit of code but then the CMS doesn't work.
                I had a similar issue with CMS either not showing, or just plain blocking folks out.

Step 1. Ensure permissions are set for everyone to at least view the CMS page.
                Step 2. Publish something to the page.
                Step 3. Ensure the CMS itself is published.

Yeah, it's convoluted. You'd think you wouldn't have to go through 3 steps to get something to show.
                I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Take that line out of your config.php file (or just comment it out) and then:
                  Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Then if you are still having problems, I recommend reuploading fresh vb4 files making sure you upload them in the correct format as there is ASCII and Binary, if you upload in the wrong format you may have unexpected problems.

Comment

i dont know what is supposed to be there and what isn't

Comment

OK Support finally fixed it. The problem was this custom plugin: Forum Stats, Total Online, Get Newest Member Name

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X