Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Joomla & vBulletin Forum

Hello,

I have a Joomla 1.5 web site, and I'm trying to establish dual login with vBulletin 4. I was using JFusion w/ SMF previously and everything was working fine, but I haven't been able to get dual login to work with vBulletin. Unfortunately JFusion's support isn't very responsive so I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in another direction.

I don't need frameless integration, I just want vBulletin to open by itself in a new window without requiring the user to login again.

I searched the forum and someone mentioned BBPixel as a good bridge between Joomla and vBulletin, which looks like a promising option. I sent them an email with some pre-sale questions and haven't heard back yet.

Primarily I'm wondering if it's possible to have vBulletin open by itself in a new window. All the integrations I've seen have vBulletin in frameless or wrapper mode, integrated into the site design .

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks!

If you haven't visited there already, try over at www.vbulletin.org as there may be integration scripts/code there already
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Do not use BB Pixel because I had a very bad experience with it. Besides that, Jfusion is without any hacks. Also BB Pixel doesnt deliver decent support so you are on your own.
      _Anubis

Comment

I have working BBPixel bridge for vB3.8. Works as advertised, some tricks about editor rights needed, but it works. Have not seen bridge for 4.0. Support at bbpixel is medieval.

Comment

I need step by step instalation instruction for bbpixel plugin. I try their installation manual but it did not work for me. Please help me.

Comment

Avoid BBPixel like the plague, IMHO, unless you're a great developer that won't need any support. I got it setup okay, but it really did not function like I thought it would and their support is non-existent. I've emailed them 3 times over the past week and no response. I just flushed $35 down the toilet.

Comment

i follow their instruction but no luck. It's absolutely ridiculous to pay every single time for every updated release. But please, if you can tell me how did you instaled i really appreciate.

Comment

I used BBPixel for years without an issue. In some cases, I paid the developer to install, but over time I understand how it works and had no issues.

Once installed, it works great. I've been very pleased with the developer. I do concur about the forums, you are better off emailing them for support.

I should note that I've abandon the integration for vB4. Hoping, praying vB4 CMS will improve.

Comment

JFusion can dual login and integrate without a wrapper or frameless. You just create a menu item pointing to an external link...your forum location. I had dual running until I upgraded to 4.0 and did away with Joomla for my CMS and social side. However I tested it with the latest version of JFusion and it ran perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by BizAdventure View Post
                    JFusion can dual login and integrate without a wrapper or frameless. You just create a menu item pointing to an external link...your forum location. I had dual running until I upgraded to 4.0 and did away with Joomla for my CMS and social side. However I tested it with the latest version of JFusion and it ran perfectly.
                    I agree JFusion is the way to go! Works 100%

Comment

Hi BizAdventure

I am using jFusion as well and is working with dual login. I have a menu item in joomla pointing at the forum. How did you get your forum users back to joomla? I tried using the ad_global_header2 position but that did not work in all browsers. I need my users to be able to easily bounce back and forth between the two. I am using 4.0 and cannot use jfusion frameless and I do not like the wrapper.

Thanks much,
                      Sandra

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X