Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get 404 errors for unknown reasons? Like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Anyone get 404 errors for unknown reasons? Like this?

Running 4.01 and for some reasons I sometimes get the following error when adding an article.

I also get it when in the cpanel Notices Manager and editing default guest message. When I click save I also get it. Any reason?

This is in my error log for example:
    [Sun Feb 07 22:55:43 2010] [error] File does not exist: /home/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://mydomain.com/forums/admincp/n...dit&noticeid=2

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not to ask the obvious, but have you checked that you can access the 500.shtml file? :P

Comment

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
      Not to ask the obvious, but have you checked that you can access the 500.shtml file? :P
      I don't understand. Why would I have to do anything with that file? Why do I get the 404 only sometimes?
      I've never played with 500.shtml and not sure what would in it. I still don't understand, if vbulletin needs a file why isn't it happening each time? Everything else is functioning good.

This has nothing to do with the error. It's an internal error that vbulletin is causing sometimes and I have no clue and surely others must have it?
      Last edited by howard007; Sun 7 Feb '10, 8:25pm.

Comment

Ok, ignore it.

But go to mysite.com/500.shtml and see if it's there, if it's not, then it needs to be.

Comment

The file is there that I created and it says :

Internal Server Error /forums/admincp/notice.php?do=update 500

I can't ignore it as it won't allow me to modify my guest notice. Surely this is a bug somewhere.

Comment