content.php page is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    You went through the whole list on that page in the manual and tried all 15 things? And how about your error_logs? Is there anything in them?
    I deleted everything & did a fresh install & that sorted it

[edit]Spoke to soon, issue still exists[edit]

Comment

Originally posted by musado View Post
      I deleted everything & did a fresh install & that sorted it

[edit]Spoke to soon, issue still exists[edit]
      OK, then I'm back to this...
      You went through the whole list on that page in the manual and tried all 15 things? And how about your error_logs? Is there anything in them?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Sometimes when i edit an cms article, i get a blank content page when i click the save button.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarl View Post
          Sometimes when i edit an cms article, i get a blank content page when i click the save button.
          When that happens, you should take a look at your error_logs to see what is going on.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Apologies for my delayed response Lynne, I think I've found the cause of my issue.

After turning ON the PHP display_errors function I get the error displayed below when clicking on the HOME tab in the forum:

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first() on a non-object in /home/sites/simplyfix.me.uk/public_html/test/vb4t/packages/vbcms/controller/content.php(84) : eval()'d code on line 2
            Last edited by musado; Thu 11 Feb '10, 5:19am. Reason: Typos

Comment

Temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Do you have the same problem?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                Temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Do you have the same problem?
                That sorta cleared the issue, even though I have no plugins installed. It's a clean install using the database from my v3.8.4 PL2 live forum with all plugins/styles uninstalled/deleted

However, I've now lost the HOME/BLOGS tabs from the forum navbar

Comment

Do this, get rid of the line in config.php and read and do this carefully...
                  Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.
                    As I stated Lynne, I DONT have any Products/Plugins installed, so the only items in the Manage Products menu are the vBulletin Blog & CMS

Comment

Did you look and verify? Seriously, I hate to push this, but I have had so many users say they don't have anything there and then they go look at the plugin manager and say "oh, well, there is this one... I totally forgot about it". And I am talking about TWO pages to check here.

Comment

Yes, BOTH pages checked & verified - Installed Products and Plugin System BOTH only show entries for vBulletin Blog & CMS

The Blog works, the CMS doesn't

Comment

this is line 84 of that content.php page:
                          Code:
                                  ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('global_start')) ? eval($hook) : false;

So, it is a plugin that is causing the problem. Go see which plugins you have that use that hook location and try to disable it.

Comment

I had this problem exactly and there was a plugin which must have been a leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by musado View Post
                              Yes, BOTH pages checked & verified - Installed Products and Plugin System BOTH only show entries for vBulletin Blog & CMS

The Blog works, the CMS doesn't
                              Can you please take a screenshot of both the 'Manage Products' screen and 'Plugin Manager' screen and attach them here so we can have a look at this for you.

As Lynne says, there is something that's using the hooks system that's causing this...
                              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                              -
                              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X