Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restore all posts of a user which have been physcially removed by sql backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Restore all posts of a user which have been physcially removed by sql backup?

Hi,
    while cleaning up our forums from spam we mistakenly deleted all posts of a single user (who had >400). We also have a SQL backup from yesterday. Is it possible to just restore his posts and not the entire backup?

Thank you!

I've always wished that vBulletin would provide a means to restore a thread or posts by a user from another database backup.

You could restore that backup to another database and do some queries like SELECT * FROM post WHERE userid=XX;

Then insert that into your existing database, but there's probably more to it than that.

Comment

I am unaware of any way to do this. Perhaps though the bigger question is why do you have to do this anyway? Presumably you must be allowing spammers to register. You should consider changing your q&a (don't use captcha any more) or going to new member moderation.

Comment

There are a number of tables involved making this a more complex task and one we don't recommend.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

As Trevor said, it could be a pretty complex job. You have your thread table, for threads he started. The post table, for all his posts. And then the attachment table for any attachments he had. I know I seen users posts in the Paid Requests forum on vb.org to get this done and I assume someone took on the job. You may want to post over there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X