File Downloading for Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] File Downloading for Subscribers

I used Subdreamer 2 + vBulletin 3 (forum integration) with paid vB Subscriptions (PayPal).
    Subdreamer offered some files as part of the subscriptions (Subdreamer Download Manager)

Now Subdreamer 3 cannot be integrated with vBulletin 4.

So, the question: Can I organize the file downloading for my paid subscribers? I mean: To hide the file location; to allow downloading to Subscribers only; Safe Mode; files are about 10 to 30 MB; by means of vB CMS or Forum.

Thanks.

You could place all downloads attached to post in a forum that's only available to paid subscribers.

Have you also contacted the Subdreamer developer to see if they plan to update it for vB4?
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      You could place all downloads attached to post in a forum that's only available to paid subscribers.
      I tried it and I see now this feature is still absent in vBulletin 4 (in Strict Mode I mentioned above):

Storage Type Attachments are currently being stored in the database
      I think the DB cannot save 10 - 30 MB files. So, I cannot use vBulletin 4?

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Have you also contacted the Subdreamer developer to see if they plan to update it for vB4?
      Yes, I've done. Subdreamer will not have/support the forum integration feature (their new development policy).

Should I use other system, ExpressionEngine CMS + ExpressionEngine Forum instead vBulletin Suite 4 ?
      Last edited by ikreknin; Mon 8 Feb '10, 12:16am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X