CMS Section Permission issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS Section Permission issue

My home CMS section isn't allowing someone I want to have access in.

However, on my permissions settings for that section, all usergroups are set as "Can Read" checked.

But the lock icon next to that is still showing it as locked. I've reset the checkboxes, resaved perms, etc... but that icon still shows locked and I have people that can't access it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The section you refer to may have inherited the permissions of the parent. If it is really the Home section then this may not apply but...

When I restrict banned members from reading the main section >> Then set any sub-section to all can read >> banned members cannot view the sub-section. I took that to mean that sub-sections set to "all can read" means "all can read that are allowed in the parent". If a "can read" restriction is set on a parent section, then it would apply to sub-sections, even if they are set to allow that group. How can you see a sub-section if you cannot see the parent? I don't know this to be fact, just seems logical.
    DCX000
    Last edited by DCX000; Sat 6 Feb '10, 10:08pm.

Comment

It seems like you have the same issue that I have (or very similar, at least).
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...th-Permissions

Comment

Originally posted by DCX000 View Post
        The section you refer to may have inherited the permissions of the parent. If it is really the Home section then this may not apply but...

When I restrict banned members from reading the main section >> Then set any sub-section to all can read >> banned members cannot view the sub-section. I took that to mean that sub-sections set to "all can read" means "all can read that are allowed in the parent". If a "can read" restriction is set on a parent section, then it would apply to sub-sections, even if they are set to allow that group. How can you see a sub-section if you cannot see the parent? I don't know this to be fact, just seems logical.
        Yeah, that much makes sense. But this is the very top level section that is showing locked, when all members SHOULD have read access.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopBam View Post
          It seems like you have the same issue that I have (or very similar, at least).
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...th-Permissions
          Yeah, that does appear to be the same issue. I haven't tried giving the permissions as you did to see if that works though. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see if it's the exact same issue.

Comment

Okay I solved it. You gotta publish your sections. Do this under "section manager." Clear your cms cache too for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopBam View Post
              Okay I solved it. You gotta publish your sections. Do this under "section manager." Clear your cms cache too for good measure.
              Unfortunately for me anyway, all of my sections are published. Thanks for helping out though!

Comment

Oh I guess we didn't have the same issue. Sorry!

Comment

There are three things necessary for the normal user, i.e. without edit rights, to be able to create content:
                  1) The articles and section have to be published.
                  2) The usergroup has to have "view forum" privileges.
                  3) The usergroup has to have "view" permission in CMS.

That should do it. If you have a case where you've done those three things and it's not working, please create a support ticket with an admin login for your server.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X