No Avtars or profile pic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] No Avtars or profile pic?

I have just launched my new forum and there is only one post as I write this, and that is from me as administrator.

My profile photo/avatar does not display even though the option too is enabled in my profile and under group users.

Obviously I must be missing something?

Any help apprecaited

V4.01

Pete

Do you have it set to show them in Settings (in the upper right corner of the forums) > General Settings > Thread Display options > show sigs, avatars, images

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

No Avtars or profile pic?

Do you have it set to show them in Settings (in the upper right corner of the forums) > General Settings > Thread Display options > show sigs, avatars, images
      Hi Lynne.

I am using 4.01

I dont see those options here:
      Settings/vBulletin Options/Thread Display Options (showthread)

However I do see them here,
      Settings/vBulletin Options/Help User Picture Options

Use this option to enable/disable the overall use of avatars.
      Avatars are small images chosen by the user and displayed under usernames in thread display and user info pages.
      "Yes Bullit is on"

Profile Pictures Enabled
      Use this option to enable/disable the overall use of profile pictures.
      Profile pictures are small images (although usually larger than avatars) that users can upload to their profile pages.
      "Yes Bullit is on "

Comment

Error of your reply

Hey Lynne,

Please check this option. Could you see " show sigs, avatars, images" ? Where is it?
        General Settings > Thread Display options > show sigs, avatars, images

Is it Show "Users Browsing Threads" ? What must we do? Thanks..
        Burgutex International WTG
        islamvebiz.net Manager

Comment

How can I upload and display my avatars

I want to upload some avatars with FTP. How can I upload my avatar images? Which folder for avatars? Can I display (see) avatars in my admin panel?

How can I display my signature image on Frontend? Also my signature words are not shown on Frontend..

I uploaded my avatars to folder: images > avatars
          islamvebiz.net Manager

Comment

Im good and sorted, was my bad.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by burgutex View Post
              Hey Lynne,

Please check this option. Could you see " show sigs, avatars, images" ? Where is it?
              General Settings > Thread Display options > show sigs, avatars, images

Is it Show "Users Browsing Threads" ? What must we do? Thanks..
              I am talking about Settings (formerly User CP) in the upper right corner of the page.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Sorry Lynne.. I was wrong, I understood you talked about admin panel. But I accepted to view avatar in frontend..
                islamvebiz.net Manager

Comment

Originally posted by burgutex View Post
                  Sorry Lynne.. I was wrong, I understood you talked about admin panel. But I accepted to view avatar in frontend..
                  Sorry, but I don't understand if you fixed your issue of not. I just read you had other questions too...

- if you want to upload avatars for your users, do so in Avatars > Upload Avatars. There is a folder already in images/avatars, you may want to create other folders within there to 'group' your avatars.

- if you add your signature after you have made a few posts, your signature will not get added to those posts. If will only show up on any posts you make after you added your signature.

- you must give the usergroups permission to use signature images in the usergroup manager

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lynne, I solved avatar problem. I saw avatars in usercp.

I will try your advise about signature.

Ragards,

Bulent
                    islamvebiz.net Manager

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X