X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mlapchick

• mlapchick
    replied
    bump –*exact same thing here. Editing article and re-saving seems to restore, but really unstable.

Leave a comment:

• cloferba

• cloferba
    replied
    Originally posted by sticky View Post
    Yep, the paperclip just does the same thing as attach inline, still the same issue.
    exactly same issue...i have searched on all forum looking for my same issue, and finally i have found it!!

this issue is on all my forum, including on forum threads, on some cases image thumbnail is well generated, and then, if anybody replyies with an image from his pc, image thumbnail isnt showed...it shows a link to attach

Leave a comment:

• khuhner

• khuhner
    replied
    I have encountered the same issue with my install. One day creating articles with inline and attached files, then kaput.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Did you try what I posted to aleksander?
    Yep, the paperclip just does the same thing as attach inline, still the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you try what I posted to aleksander?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by oddmud View Post
    a little dramatic?
    No, I need images to display in previews and they aren't. WTF is the point of the CMS if something this simple does not work? I have to link to images instead of attaching to get them to display in the preview.

Leave a comment:

• mlapchick

• mlapchick
    replied
    Hey be glad it even works for you! I'd settle for tricky right now!

Leave a comment:

• aleksander

• aleksander
    replied
    - click on the paperclip to add the images where you want them in your article (make sure you 'put' them in the article instead of just leaving them as attachments at the bottom of the page). Then...
    - when in wysiwyg mode, hover over the image and you should see a pencil > click on it to set the size of the image in the article page.
    great! problem solved, is a little bit tricky like this but I suppose in the next version will be better.

Leave a comment:

• oddmud

• oddmud
    replied
    Originally posted by sticky View Post
    How do we make this an official bug? This is killing my forum.
    a little dramatic?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by aleksander View Post
    You mean on this article? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...-vBulletin-com

Maybe the problem is mine then? If I attach a file won't show in preview. If I put this file attached on the article doesn't resize the right way. So qhen I open the article the jpg is natural size.
    What can be my problem then?

See for example this article: http://test.dpcgamers.com/content.ph...hat-about-this

• images attached don't show in preview
    • To have the image in the preview I have to place at the top of the article an image from url or from local. The problem is that preview works well after this, but if you go and open the article, the image inline is at the actual size

any idea why?
    - click on the paperclip to add the images where you want them in your article (make sure you 'put' them in the article instead of just leaving them as attachments at the bottom of the page). Then...
    - when in wysiwyg mode, hover over the image and you should see a pencil > click on it to set the size of the image in the article page.

Leave a comment:

• mlapchick

• mlapchick
    replied
    Sorry to confuse the thread, surftalk. I just wanted to add that, on the mac, safari and chrome will not produce a wysiwyg editor, but ff will. But the ff changes you make, like picture runaround, don't stick. Pretty messed up.

Leave a comment:

• SurfTalk

• SurfTalk
    replied
    Everything is working as it should on my CMS / Forums now, with regards to displaying the images. The only thing I would add is that whatever had gone wrong, had gone wrong with a batch of images, while I was trying to attach the same images, time after time I had no preview. When I resaved those same images (on my local machine) under a different name, then attached them on the CMS and forums everything was fine. I don't feel I can submit a bug report as I couldn't trace a consistent cause and I couldn't replicate the problem consistently, which I guess is what was leading to the confusion. I don't think submitting a "sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it's fine now" to the bug tracker is going to be a very productive use of their or my time. So for now I'm gonna let it lie. If the problem is persisting for you guys and you can submit specifics to the bug tracker, I think thats the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• aleksander

• aleksander
    replied
    Mine are showing just fine. You can see the article I wrote here where I took a screencap and you'll see the images are right there in the preview.
    You mean on this article? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...-vBulletin-com

Maybe the problem is mine then? If I attach a file won't show in preview. If I put this file attached on the article doesn't resize the right way. So qhen I open the article the jpg is natural size.
    What can be my problem then?

See for example this article: http://test.dpcgamers.com/content.ph...hat-about-this

• images attached don't show in preview
    • To have the image in the preview I have to place at the top of the article an image from url or from local. The problem is that preview works well after this, but if you go and open the article, the image inline is at the actual size

any idea why?
    aleksander
    Last edited by aleksander; Tue 9 Feb '10, 2:28am.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by aleksander View Post
    you don't have this issue? Well as for me every single pic I attached is not shown on preview, only url pics. Is this the normal "bug" behavior?
    Mine are showing just fine. You can see the article I wrote here where I took a screencap and you'll see the images are right there in the preview.

Leave a comment:

• aleksander

• aleksander
    replied
    It is best if someone who is actually experiencing the issue write it up. Since I am not having the issue on my site, I can't really talk about how to reproduce the problem.
    you don't have this issue? Well as for me every single pic I attached is not shown on preview, only url pics. Is this the normal "bug" behavior?

Leave a comment: