Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to put into affect the changes I made to the grid and layout on the page ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] how to put into affect the changes I made to the grid and layout on the page ?

just got vb 4.0.1 trying to figuire out the cms portion built the layout and the grid trying implement those changes someone posted that you should hover over the section on the home page and a pencil will pop up tryed that and nothing any help would be appreciated , I cannot find any documentation on this part of the cms portion

You create a grid, then you create a layout using that grid, then you apply the layout to the section. It sounds like you are stuck on the last part. When you hovered over the section name and saw the pencil and clicked on it, what happened?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

no pencil shows up Lynn i created the grid and then created a layout using that grid how do you apply the layout to the section pencil is not showing up when i hover over the word section on the home page

Comment

Try: Admin Panel > vBulletin CMS > Section Manager
        vBulletin Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowwatermark View Post
          no pencil shows up Lynn i created the grid and then created a layout using that grid how do you apply the layout to the section pencil is not showing up when i hover over the word section on the home page
          You don't get this pencil like next to Home Page here when you hover over the section title "Home Page"?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	pencil..png
Views:	2
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	3677952

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

do not have the wording on that page like that

Comment

lynne all I have on that page is the word home in left corner the word sections in blue box a solid horizontal line and under that a dotted line to the right I have the post article button and thats it

Comment

You should have the pencil when you hover over the section title. I would suggest creating an article or two so you see the preview layout. Also, go into admincp > CMS > CMS Permissions and make sure that the usergroup for which you are logged in has "publish" rights. If you still don't see the pencil when you hover over the titles then something is wrong on your system. You probably have a bad template. I suggest you put in a support ticket.

Temporarily, edit your home page URL by adding "/edit" on the end. That should bring up the edit interface.
                Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

edwin created an article I do get the pencil when article is posted to home page
                  cannot see article fully on home page since it is set way to the left
                  checked my permissions they are set right
                  i did some help I am at a standstill with this
                  we put a ticket in yesterday and it took over 12 hours for reply and will still do not have the fix

Comment

It sounds to me like your layout is done incorrectly, or the grid you are using is not done correctly, if your article is off to the side.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X