Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] "unexpected error occurred" trying to load home page

Hi.

Just typed this out in detail then lost it....

Basically I was changing everything in my CMS layout over to a new custom grid:

(25%,75%,240px).

Everything worked fine on the home page and the sections (there is only one style btw). In the subsections everything went screwy. clicked the pencil and changed all the subsections to "inherit" and "custom grid" and things went fine until the last subsection which had one published article. After trying to save the layout change I got an error saying "unique URL required" or something of that sort.

I backed out of that page and received the following error message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Region capture 15&.png
Views:	2
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	3714651

I tried changing back to the previous layout settings to no avail.

I have cleared the CMS cache, cleared cookies on both browsers, emptied caches on both browsers (several times during this process) and rebuilt the search index. Nothing seems to work.

My blog and my Forum are unaffected.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

edit: I don't mind just reloading the CMS portion of the software if that will fix it. But how would I do that and would I have to change anything in the database first? I have a backup from earlier today if it's just a matter of changing a table that governs layout...
    Last edited by bitterwaitress; Wed 3 Feb '10, 10:12pm. Reason: additional info

Okay I think I solved this please feel free to delete this, but in case anyone wants to know:

I found another thread where the same URL problem was happening. It turns out my SEO field was empty. For some reason it used to auto-fill when I titled articles before but no longer. Fine, easy to handle. I managed to change everything over to my new grid, except on subsection with one article, which I just trashed and recreated.

Comment