No announcement yet.

How to change the top menu items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to change the top menu items?

Hi

I have just installed vb 4 and the top there is "whats new" and "forum". I assume it is in templates that I change that? If so which one? If not what do I do?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Yes, both of those are in a template - the navbar template. If you just want to change what it says, they are both phrases, so you may do a Search in Phrases for them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi

I did a search in all templates and couldnt find one single instance of what's new... I just want to change that to new posts or posts since last visit. I have downloaded an addon from vborg and managed to be able to put my own menu items so that part is good. It beats me why you cant just put your own items in without the need for installing addons etc..

Thanks for the help

Nick

Comment

A little help please

Hi,

i'm just trying to change the what's new tab at the top of the page, can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by x YNWA x View Post
          Hi

I did a search in all templates and couldnt find one single instance of what's new... I just want to change that to new posts or posts since last visit. I have downloaded an addon from vborg and managed to be able to put my own menu items so that part is good. It beats me why you cant just put your own items in without the need for installing addons etc..

Thanks for the help

Nick
          It's a phrase. If you want to change text in vbulletin, most of it is all a phrase and so you do a Search in Phrases for the particular text you want to change. In this case, searching for "what's new" brings up the phrase getnew_tab

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X