Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the file for - "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Where is the file for - "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ..

I need to change the registration links and I can't find this template. It is in the header on the forum index page and basically displays to no logged in users - "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above." I found a few older threads but nothing recent. Anyone have any ideas for v4?

Thanks

Notices in ACP

Comment

AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases.
      In the 'Search for Text' field type "first visit" without the quote marks.
      In the 'Search in...' option select 'Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name'.
      All other options can be left as is.
      Click the Find button.
      Edit the phrase that comes up in the results. Should be 'notice_1_html'.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Actually cbi, it *used* to be a phrase, but in vB4, it is now a notice, which really makes sense now.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

But I found it in phrases in 4.0.1. Is it just a "dummy" phrase now?

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
            But I found it in phrases in 4.0.1. Is it just a "dummy" phrase now?
            It needs to be a phrase if one wants to have different language versions of a notice. So if you create a notice, just as if you create a profile field, it will become a phrase that is possible to translate.

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson
            Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
            If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
            Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
              AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases.
              In the 'Search for Text' field type "first visit" without the quote marks.
              In the 'Search in...' option select 'Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name'.
              All other options can be left as is.
              Click the Find button.
              Edit the phrase that comes up in the results. Should be 'notice_1_html'.
              This was perfect! Thanks so much. I am starting to get a handle on this forum. After working with PHPBB for five years I feel like such an idiot right now trying to figure out where everything is. Again thanks so much!

Comment

You're quite welcome xDazedx, although I didn't realize (as noted by others above) that vB4 now has it in AdminCP > Notices, and you simply edit 'default guest message'. Either way works, but good to know for future reference.

btw, I used vBulletin for many years before looking at phpBB once when I needed a free solution for an experimental site. I felt just as much an idiot because phpBB is so different from vBulletin. It's all relative.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X