Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Text in threads are chopped off

Hello guys,

Another problem I am experiencing. When creating a thread and publishing or editing a thread in the forums, I save them. But all the text is chopped of before you reach the end on the right side.

Is it a commen bug? I posted a screenshot.
    Attached Files
    _Anubis

The text isn't chopped off or missing, it just has an invisible margin.

This is caused by a bug that makes the firstpost and lastpost advertisement areas appear for every thread, even if there's nothing in them.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Ok man. Thanks for answering so soon. Need to get back into Vbulletin. It will probably be fixed in the next version I hope? Feb 4 right?
      _Anubis

Comment

That's the release date at the moment.

I don't know if it's worth it to you, but you can fix it..

In postbit_legacy (or postbit, presumably the code is similar), replace the existing line that reads:
        <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
        with:
        <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
        (commenting out the ad space thingy).
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X