Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Disable Video and Image attachment in posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to Disable Video and Image attachment in posts?

Can someone tell me where to go to Disable the Video and Image attachment in posts? I tried looking but can't seem to find it? Thanks!
    Paula

Go to the Forum Mnager > select a forum to Edit > Allow [IMG] Code > No

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Didn't work. For Image or for video. In any forums.
      Paula

Comment

What exactly are you wanting? If you do what I suggested, then the little image and video things will not show in the editor and any video or image that was showing in the posts in that forum will now just be links. What exactly do you want differently from that?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Hi Lynne and thank you for the quick response.

I followed your instructions, however, the "the little image and video things" still show (see attachment).

I read the Help ? for Allow [IMG] Codes and it says:

This allows users to display images inline on the showthread page. If you set this to No, a link to the image will be displayed instead of showing the actual image.
          Once again, I would like to "disable" the feature entirely.

Thanks!
          Attached Files
          Paula

Comment

Ok Lynne, I found the problem. I was only making changes to the "PARENT" forum in hopes that it would also change the "CHILD" Forums (20+ forums in my case) This did not work. Basically I have to go into each and every forum to do this.

Any way we can fix that for the future?
            Paula

Comment

Oh boy...I still get a "link" instead of an "embed". I don't want the link either......
              Paula

Comment

What do you want to show instead of a link? I mean, if a user tries to insert an image or video, what are you wanting to happen?

Comment

It's ok Lynne....I'll figure it out. I'm trying to limit external links within my forum to questionable images/sites as a I run a "Rated G" forum If someone tries to embed a video, I'd prefer that they get an error message that states this function is disabled.....or something to that effect.
                  Paula

Comment

But see, if they know vB, then they can just manually type in the tags - [ img ] or [ video ] . You could add some of the site urls to your censored word list and then users won't be able to click and go to them either.

Comment

True! Thanks again!
                      Paula

Comment