URL hardcoded ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] URL hardcoded ?

Ok I have now upgraded my forum to 4.0.1 and that went fine. So I made a full backup of the sql and all files. I uploaded the files to my test website and restored the backup to this. I manually changed the 2 options in table vb_setting that has the url. I changed the www to test.

When I view the CMS on the url starting with test all appears normal. I see the contents of the test database. Links to CMS contents all point to the test. urls. But the FORUM link in the navbar points to the www. url and the same goes for all other links that point to the forum. (my config.php on test do point to the test database I double checked that)

So I searched the sql file for the url and I found loads of records in for example vb_phrase that has the www. url hardcoded ?

With 3.8 I regularly made my test system using above steps. It seems impossible now.
    Best Regards Tommy

Why are you searching in the database instead of just checking the urls in your admin cp > vboptions > site urls ?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I'll be a bit more blunt than Lynne. Don't ever screw with your db directly! That's just asking for trouble. Everything you're doing can be done properly inside of vb, you just have to learn how. Try searching this site for the options you're looking for.

Comment

Guys I am NOT new to vBulltin. I know perfectly well where to change the 2 urls inside admincp. They have been set accordingly. I searched directly in the database to see if the url was specified elsewhere.

Besides that I have changed these 2 fields directly in the database on 3.x systems before so I know what works thanks.
        Best Regards Tommy

Comment

Then you also know that when you change a value via the admin cp, the datastore_cache gets changed to reflect the correct value and that if you change it via the database, then the datastore_cache is NOT changed and therefore the values don't get used by vBulletin. So, did you change your datastore_cache manually also?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X