promote to article permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] promote to article permissions

It seems that in order to let a certain usergroup promote a post to article, I give them permissions in CMS

But if I only want to allow them to publish in a sub section I can't. I have to set the permission for the top section as well as the subsection, which kind of defeats the point of allowing/disallowing publishing in a sub section.

Or am I do this wrongly?

Thanks

You can assign CMS Permissions at any level in the section structure. Permissions inherit unless overridden. So you can assign "view" at the higher levels and "publish" to the section where you want the user to be able to promote content.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
      You can assign CMS Permissions at any level in the section structure. Permissions inherit unless overridden. So you can assign "view" at the higher levels and "publish" to the section where you want the user to be able to promote content.
      Yes, this is exactly what I would expect, but it isn't working. Or rather, it wasn't working. Suddenly it diid work

Then it stopped working, then it worked again (without me changing anything)

Comment

This isn't working for me either in 4.0.2. I have given registered users the permissions to only publish in CMS subsections (not home page itself), but this is not allowing them to promote their blogs to an article. They are allowed to post articles in the subsections directly, but it refuses to give them permissions to promote from their blogs. How do we get this working? It appears as though it requires permissions at the home (top section) level itself, as promoting a blog as an Administrator appears to take me to the home section as the starting point of creating the article.

Looks like a bug that needs to be fixed as this doesn't work at all for our users.
        Last edited by CyberSultan; Fri 5 Mar '10, 3:55pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X