Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I use one database for 2 vbulletins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
    You wouldn't be able to have the forum work off exactly the same db (ie, a post in one would appear in both forums) but you could setup 2 forums from the same database copy. If you copy the database into a big fat .sql file then use a find+replace to change the table prefix, then slam that into the db so you effectively have 1 db with all the tables twice, just with different prefixes.

Obviously back up everything.
    This isn't ideal when working on a test site... if somthing goes wrong and you need to reset the test database, you can't just wipe it out and start over fresh. Nor will be able to easilly do a backup and import.

Leave a comment:

• Dunhamzzz
    replied
    You wouldn't be able to have the forum work off exactly the same db (ie, a post in one would appear in both forums) but you could setup 2 forums from the same database copy. If you copy the database into a big fat .sql file then use a find+replace to change the table prefix, then slam that into the db so you effectively have 1 db with all the tables twice, just with different prefixes.

Obviously back up everything.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You can't without affecting your live site at the same time. You'll need to use a copy of your live database and edit the config.php file to point to the copy.

Leave a comment:

• MixMakers
    started a topic [Forum] How can I use one database for 2 vbulletins.

How can I use one database for 2 vbulletins.

I want to create a test forum (same domain just different directory) that uses the same database as my real forum so I can play around with plugins and whatnot. I was just wondering how I could do this?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X