X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcmwebmaster
    replied
    Hello
    I am going to merge two forums in to one forum, i want move threads and posts from one vBulletin to another, how i can do it? should i use IMPEX?
    Both forum are vBulletin 4 Version.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    I don't believe Impex imports from vB4 yet but it will from a previous version.

Have you tried posting in the Impex forum? If you raise specific points, Jerry will pick these up and answer them in there.

Leave a comment:

• coolnikin
    replied
    would like to know the same, is it possible to merge 2 vbulletin forums ?

Leave a comment:

• 04wayne
    replied
    Okay, I've spoken to my host regarding the merger, and they can't help me I've also tried a simple Impex installer, and that just wipes my forum clean, and allows the new database on its own (losing my older one) So how do I go about the merger?

I've searched far and wide on the web, but nobody seems to have a comprehensive answer.

Leave a comment:

• 04wayne
    started a topic [Forum] Merging Two VB4 Databases

Merging Two VB4 Databases

Okay, so I think this is the step I need to take. I've recently converted one an IPB database into a VB4 database. I now want to merge that newly converted database into my current (and active/main) VB4 one. I'd like two things:

1) Instructions on how to go about it; I don't think its possible with Impex, as Impex concerns itself with importing other boards into VBulletin, not VBulletin into VBulletin. So how would I do it? Should I get onto my host and ask them to merge the two databases for me?

2) What are the implications of merging two databases? The residue data - is it likely to cause any problems?

Sorry if this seems like a rehash of that other topic, its just this is a different issue at hand now, and that old topic became messy.

Thanks in advance for your help!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X