Media Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Media Preview

Can you decide which media item is used for the Article Preview item in the article listing? If I post an image and a youtube video in an article, and the image is above my preview break and the youtube video is at the bottom of the article, the youtube video is always shown as the article preview item.
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

I have been looking for this also. It would be a great option to be able to mark an image just like you can insert the preview break.
    Have you Beat Your Truck today?

Comment

I've been trying to figure this out as well. Any progress on this?

Comment

COuld we perhaps get this moved to the suggestions forum?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
          COuld we perhaps get this moved to the suggestions forum?
          Yes could some please move this to the suggestions forum. Thanks.

In the mean time we've had to code a work around to put an image in instead. If you post many videos, your main page will be loading all of the video previews. No need for that.

Comment

SamsonEA, care to share?
            sigpic

Comment

The current code base is a bit smarter- it puts the first image in whether it's an image or video. I believe 4.1 will have the ability to set any image you want as the preview image.
              Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Hi Edwin and thanks for jumping in this thread. However, your reply is not totally accurate. If you post an article with 1 image and 1 video, and place the image above the video or even above a pagebreak, the video will still show in the preview.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
                  Hi Edwin and thanks for jumping in this thread. However, your reply is not totally accurate. If you post an article with 1 image and 1 video, and place the image above the video or even above a pagebreak, the video will still show in the preview.
                  Sorry, I should have been more clear. To me as a developer, there's always the released code, the code that's going through QA, and the code we're developing. When I said "current code" I meant the code we are developing. I think that change made it into v403, but I'm not certain. It will definitely be in v404.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by beatyourtruck View Post
                    I have been looking for this also. It would be a great option to be able to mark an image just like you can insert the preview break.
                    +100!
                    I need this option, because the first image in article is not the proper one.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
                      Sorry, I should have been more clear. To me as a developer, there's always the released code, the code that's going through QA, and the code we're developing. When I said "current code" I meant the code we are developing. I think that change made it into v403, but I'm not certain. It will definitely be in v404.
                      Which version does this work with? I am on 4.0.2 and need this as the video is always chosen as the preview.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X