Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to reset the threadid value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obmob
    replied
    Yeah, I know that... lol I guess I should work it as it is, thanks

Leave a comment:

• DJ RRebel
    replied
    Whether you can do this or not .. it's an EXTREMELY bad idea because all existing links to the old pages would now be out of context!

Meaning that if google search or just people talking in another thread link to the original thread number .. they will be taken to a non-existing page .. or worse .. to a completely different thread that they wanted to go to!

Leave a comment:

• obmob
    replied
    haha, i know i won't, it's just that i don't like how the big numbers look in the links and wated to have everything organized, maybe I do that a lot.

Anyway, if there is a way, hope someone can share it. I've tried using mysql, but i can't make my statement change the second value, just the first one.

Code:
    UPDATE vb_thread SET threadid='$select[threadid]'+1

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    No that is not possible. Don't worry about thread numbers, you will never run out of numbers.

Leave a comment:

• obmob
    started a topic [Forum] Is it possible to reset the threadid value?

Is it possible to reset the threadid value?

I just deleted 20,000+ threads from a forum and I'm wondering if it is possible to run an SQL query to reset the value for the remaining threads in vb_thread.

I mean, now i have threads with ID over 20000 and I won't have more than 1000 in the end.

Is it possible to run a query that renames threadid into it's corresponding number of row in the database?

Thanks!