No announcement yet.

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM vb_adminutil WHERE title = 'sitemapsession';

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM vb_adminutil WHERE title = 'sitemapsession';

I started receiving this email a couple of days ago after activating the sitemap feature in VB.

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
    DELETE FROM vb_adminutil WHERE title = 'sitemapsession';

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away

I understand it's a timeout type of issue (I think?) but the timeout values in my.cnf are pretty high for mysql.
    wait_timeout = 1390
    connect_timeout = 1190

So I'm not sure what it is, any ideas/help?

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
    I started receiving this email a couple of days ago after activating the sitemap feature in VB.

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
    DELETE FROM vb_adminutil WHERE title = 'sitemapsession';

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away

I understand it's a timeout type of issue (I think?) but the timeout values in my.cnf are pretty high for mysql.
    wait_timeout = 1390
    connect_timeout = 1190

So I'm not sure what it is, any ideas/help?
    I have the same issue.

Comment

...so do I

Comment

I don't think there are many vB staff on here lately so there must be an immenent release - hope they get the sitemaps and random SQL errors sorted...

Comment

I got this the other day and posted and one of the mods said it was no big deal
          Maxum Boat Forum / Computer Repair Cary NC

Comment

I get the same error everytime the sitemap is built. It builds the vbulletin_sitemap_thread files just fine, but ALWAYS chokes on the vbulletin_sitemap_forum file, which is never built correctly. I have performed db repairs, tweaked settings, etc. I opened a ticket - and like the other tickets I have opened, support insists that they walk on water and that it must be a server issue. Apparently most hosts in the world do not know how to build servers because I have seen mention of this problem here and MANY other places. I even created a restore of my site on a different server at a different host and had the same problem. (I actually did this for another, more serious issue - which was on both hosts and vB insists is a server problem) Over the last month I have learned beyong any shadow of a doubt though that the vB staff is absolutely perfect and all errors are someone else's fault. Sorry if I sound bitter, but after being screwed on the upgrade I expect to at least get some of the support I have paid for - and that simply has not happened.

Comment

Has anybody bothered to put this in the bug tracker? I just did a search in there on "sitemapsession" to see if maybe the fix was posted and I got no results. If you guys want this fixed, you need to put it in the bug tracker.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X