Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sodagod
    replied
    Yep, I have to hold my hands up too. Sorry guys for wasting your time... it was indeed a mod

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    Well, I did read the entire thread. The point I was making was perhaps one should take the suggestions of others first before just dismissing what they're asking you to look at and getting some sort of attitude. This thread could have been about ten posts long otherwise. Good luck with your forum.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
    Perhaps a few apologies are in order?
    I apologized to both trevor and zachary.

Learn to read the entire post next time!

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Lynne:

Thanks to your patience and help, I got the user profiles to display properly. You were correct, it was a mod that I had installed. I don't know how I missed it when I deleted and re enabled all the others, but I did. So I apologize to Trever and Zachary as well.

I also, informed the developer on the bug in the mod, so he/she will hopefully fix it soon. Thanks again.
    Perhaps a few apologies are in order?

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Lynne:

Thanks to your patience and help, I got the user profiles to display properly. You were correct, it was a mod that I had installed. I don't know how I missed it when I deleted and re enabled all the others, but I did. So I apologize to Trever and Zachary as well.

I also, informed the developer on the bug in the mod, so he/she will hopefully fix it soon. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    with all due respect, what good does that do, when there is obviously more members with the same issue. I know vb staff get tired of answering the same question 1,000 plus times, but that is going to happen with a support ticket. Plus, I am sure since I am not the only one with the issue, that a ticket has been already.
    Lynne:

I will PM you the login details for a test account. Also, it happens to all the profiles, regardless of which usergroup the user is in.

By raising a Support ticket with the relevant details, you'd be doing exactly the same thing you're doing here with Lynne - providing the Support team with direct access to your site to look at the problem, identify it and a potential resolution.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    I just took a look at a few profiles, and as you said, they are fine for not logged in users. So, do you have a test account I can log in with? And perhaps a couple of profiles that will definitely show me the problem?
    Lynne:

I will PM you the login details for a test account. Also, it happens to all the profiles, regardless of which usergroup the user is in.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Lynne:

I tried viewing profiles not being logged in, and I could be wrong, but it seemed to be alright, but viewing them logged in, messes them up.
    I just took a look at a few profiles, and as you said, they are fine for not logged in users. So, do you have a test account I can log in with? And perhaps a couple of profiles that will definitely show me the problem?

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Honestly I still believe this to be a third party addon issue, when present with your issue in the past to date the fix has been to disable third party addons. Which you seemed to refuse to do.
    I have had 4.0.1 issues since the day it was released. First I noticed the CMS messed up, which luckily, I managed to fix. The other issue I noticed not long after the CMS issue was the member profiles. I did disable/delete all the mods, and then slowly re added them, and no better.

When I tried what nikosb mentioned, it worked for my usergroup, but no one else's.

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Do you have a link to a profile page where we can see this happening? I honestly cannot get it to happen on my 4.0.1 test site.
    www.tmcgnetwork.com then choose any user you like and look at their member profile.

Lynne:

I tried viewing profiles not being logged in, and I could be wrong, but it seemed to be alright, but viewing them logged in, messes them up.

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
    That has nothing to do with anything, previous versions... there might be an issue with the 4.0.1 upgrade and the products you've installed which is causing the issue. Why are you being so difficult, just do what he asked? It's not hard, and it takes almost no time to do. Instead you're wasting time arguing that it worked on previous versions... Just disable all the mods/plugins you've added, and then look to see if it's causing the same problem. You can re-enable them right after...
    Try reading an entire thread.
    Last edited by GeorgeB; Tue 26 Jan '10, 4:43pm.

Leave a comment:

• oddmud
    replied
    Up until 4.0.1 version, I didn't have no issues with the user profiles at all. Now, I do.

When I had a different issue with my forum (along with user profiles), I disabled all mods, and I noticed it was still messed up, which is why I am saying it is not the mods.
    That has nothing to do with anything, previous versions... there might be an issue with the 4.0.1 upgrade and the products you've installed which is causing the issue. Why are you being so difficult, just do what he asked? It's not hard, and it takes almost no time to do. Instead you're wasting time arguing that it worked on previous versions... Just disable all the mods/plugins you've added, and then look to see if it's causing the same problem. You can re-enable them right after...

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Do you have a link to a profile page where we can see this happening? I honestly cannot get it to happen on my 4.0.1 test site.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Honestly I still believe this to be a third party addon issue, when present with your issue in the past to date the fix has been to disable third party addons. Which you seemed to refuse to do.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    I am noticing that the other usergroups, their visitor messages are displayed at the very bottom, where mine is at the very top.

Also, when I click on my userprofile, it goes straight to the about me section. Everyone else's goes straight to the visitor messages section.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by nikosb View Post
    in vb acp
    / Usergroup /Usergroup Manager/edit Usergroup (id:6) / Visitor Message Permissions/Can Post Visitor Messages to Own Profile = no

and my profile works fine. (FF & IE)

This is the SOLUTION right here! I just did what nikosb did to my usergroup and now my profile displays just fine.

I will be doing this for all usergroups.

Zachary, I would let your developers know that this needs to be fixed.

EDIT: This has only fixed my profile, but the other usergroups still have the issue.

Leave a comment:

• nikosb
    replied
    in vb acp
    / Usergroup /Usergroup Manager/edit Usergroup (id:6) / Visitor Message Permissions/Can Post Visitor Messages to Own Profile = no

and my profile works fine. (FF & IE)

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X