user profile "about me" section messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] user profile "about me" section messed up

I have attached 2 photos showing the "about me" section of the user profile being messed up on all user profiles. Did anyone else have this issue and if so how did you fix it?

PS. If you have the answer I need please reply, if not please just pass this thread by. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

So no one has a solution for this? Well, thanks anyways.
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

If you tried a search, you'd see it has been brought up a few times before and is even in the bug tracker. People get sick of answering the same questions over and over again.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=35274

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

So quick to get nasty, so slow to say thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by waynem View Post
          What?
          Jason Craig – Partner
          Wet Coast Sports LTD
          Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            If you tried a search, you'd see it has been brought up a few times before and is even in the bug tracker. People get sick of answering the same questions over and over again.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=35274
            Well what good did the link do? It only talked about the issue but not the solution to the issue, unless I miss read it.

I understand people get sick of answering questions that have been asked a million times. I should know, because I do it on a daily basis to people I teach my industry to.

However, if the issue is one that multiple members have had, then an announcement or a quick fix for it should have been done.

I could have searched, but most times when I try that, I see so many with the same questions like me, but no answer as to a solution.

When I pay for a product such as the Vbulletin software, then I expect the product to work correctly and if I need help, I expect to get it. Simple.
            George Beale

Comment

Originally posted by waynem View Post
              Thank you for what? To spend money on a product that breaks left and right? I dont think so...
              George Beale

Comment

he's absolutely right. I paid $285 for vBulletin as did many others... we don't expect to have stupid bugs like this especially after vb4 going gold. Who the hell on your team was testing custom profile fields... how could they have missed as big a bug as this.

If I knew vb4 was going to be as buggy as this I would have just bought IPB3... or used free software. Like I said, we don't expect to see big bugs like this on expensive software such as vb.

Comment

Are you running any third party addons or plugins? If you disable them does the issue go away? I've seen this a few times and it has been caused by third party addons.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    Are you running any third party addons or plugins? If you disable them does the issue go away? I've seen this a few times and it has been caused by third party addons.
                    I am running addons, but it's the custom profile fields that are doing it. Everyone else is having the same issue with them.

Comment

A nice reply, much appreciated!

I do have several, but I don't believe those are the cause. It was working fine, till I upgraded to 4.0.1. I realize it is a bug, but I figured there might be some "easy" fix for it.

I do have some custom profile fields, but again, until this 4.0.1 version, they worked fine.
                      George Beale

Comment

Okay, so you have custom addons, do disabling them sovle the issue?

Comment

Okay, so you have custom addons, do disabling them sovle the issue?
                          The addons are not the issue. As I mentioned, it worked fine, till I upgraded to the 4.0.1 version. The member profiles so far is the only flaw that I have noticed on my forums.
                          George Beale

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
                            The addons are not the issue. As I mentioned, it worked fine, till I upgraded to the 4.0.1 version. The member profiles so far is the only flaw that I have noticed on my forums.
                            You still haven't said if you tried what he asked. Do it, then report back to him, he's trying to help you with it.
                            Jason Craig – Partner
                            Wet Coast Sports LTD
                            Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

I cannot duplicate this on either of my test sites using a default style. Are you using a totally default style?
                              Create a new style with no parent:
                              • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
                              • Parent Style: No Parent Style
                              • Title: Default vBulletin
                              • Allow User Selection: Yes
                              • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X