3 Columns grid of 360px,300px,300px

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] 3 Columns grid of 360px,300px,300px

Hi guys I just bought the VB4 with the CMS. I'm starting adapting the CMS layout to our website but I think it has come limitations. I would like to decide myself the width of the columns in the grid section but it seems to be fixed to their default. Is this correct or am I missing something?

And another thing the grid 3 Column (50%, 25%, 25%) is not like that is like (25%, 25%, 50%). Have you found the same problems?

Alek

You can "flatten" the grid. If you do that, you are then able to directly edit the HTML/css layout.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
      You can "flatten" the grid. If you do that, you are then able to directly edit the HTML/css layout.
      Thanks for your reply Edwin, I've already tried that but the html code is with div connected to css style. For example:

<div id="bd">
      <div class="yui-g" style="width:360px;">
      <div class="yui-u yui-panel">
      <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column2">$column[2]</ul>
      </div>

in red what I've customized. But it doesn't work anyway.

Comment

You currently need to be a programmer to understand this whole CMS For people like myself, without any IT background its almost impossible to change things yourself without spending hours and hours reading on the internet what to do.

Comment

is just css, the problem is just to understand the "logic" of the cms. This are just template modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksander View Post
            Thanks for your reply Edwin, I've already tried that but the html code is with div connected to css style. For example:

<div id="bd">
            <div class="yui-g" style="width:360px;">
            </div>

in red what I've customized. But it doesn't work anyway.
            I know, I've also tried this and it just doesn't work. I guess you have to get into the yui-g-yui-whatever-thingys and make the changes there, but I've tried to get in there and it's just to complicated...

Since the upgrade, I've seriously considered taking up smoking again, so please, save a life and help us out!

Comment

[QUOTE=maipoman;1911615

Since the upgrade, I've seriously considered taking up smoking again, so please, save a life and help us out! [/QUOTE]

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
                Edmin, would we be able to get a guide for grid customization?

Comment

so no one ever tried?

Comment

I think lots of people have tried but most of them have failed thus the request for a guide of some sorts.

Comment

If you can code fluently in CSS and know how to use div's correctly it is not as bad as some people think. The CMS is very versatile, but many take hours customizing the layout grids to their own specifications.

Comment

A shame a lot of us are not CSS coders At least i am not and i second that guide request!

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
                          If you can code fluently in CSS and know how to use div's correctly it is not as bad as some people think. The CMS is very versatile, but many take hours customizing the layout grids to their own specifications.
                          Syrus, the problem is not coding with CSS, the problem is that divs you can see when you flat the grid use a CSS class stored on a style****, for this reason you must go and edit also the style ****. It can be done but if there's an update of the board maybe you'll screw up everything. For this reason I am asking si there's an "official" way to do it.

Comment

I don't believe there's no one that has done this kind of customization. Quite strange.

Comment

Ok problem solved there was a mistake in my code. So I'll post this for everyone.
                              Maybe you can stick the thread as SOLVEDI don't know.

Let's say you have this default 33%-33%-33% default layout flattered:

Code:
                              <div id="doc3">
                                  <div id="bd">
                                      <div class="yui-gb">
                                          <div class="yui-u first yui-panel">
                                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column1">$column[1]</ul>
                                          </div>
                                          </div>
                                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column3">$column[3]</ul>
                                          </div>
                                      </div>
                                  </div>
                              </div>
                              you just make like this:
                              Code:
                              <div id="doc3">
                                  <div id="bd">
                                      <div class="yui-gb">
                                          <div class="yui-u first yui-panel">
                                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column1" style="width:100%">$column[1]</ul>
                                          </div>
                                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column2" style="width:300px">$column[2]</ul>
                                          </div>
                                              <ul class="list_no_decoration" id="widgetlist_column3" style="width:300px">$column[3]</ul>
                                          </div>
                                      </div>
                                  </div>
                              </div>
                              Hope this helps other people.

Comment

• pwhitehead
                                pwhitehead commented
                                Editing a comment
                                can you add comments in the code explaining how this was made and how we can add to make our own? its nice of the users to post their grids, but some of us dont understand how they are coded.
                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X