VB Conditionals and profile field question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] VB Conditionals and profile field question

I did a little search and I couldn't seem to find anything that was exactly what I would like to know (I could be wrong and if so, then sorry;D)
    Basically, I would like to know how to print (Not the paper print, but in computer terms) a variable from a user profile field to the screen. I had done it before to show custom images below usernames, but recently that doesn't seem to work so well.
    What I have is a single selection radio field, field9, that can be one of two things: Default and Navbar.
    The code I was using is:
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="$post['field9'] == 1">
    The idea was that the first radio button wouldb e considered 0, the second would be 1. Then I tried using the actual text associated with each selection, which still didn't seem to work. Finally, I tried to debug it by using:
    Code:
    {vb:raw post.field9}
    And it shows nothing, including my old ones that had worked in the past.
    Am I missing something or did something change?
    EDIT:
    It works in postbit, but what I am doing is using conditionals for ads (I dont actually display ads, its a setting for where a box should be displayed)
    Would that somehow change the format needed?
    Another Edit:
    I'm not looking for a postbit modification, as stated earlier I know how to do this, but what I was hoping to find was what exactly vB uses to decipher those conditionals since they do not work for managing ads outside of the postbit. I wouldn't really call this a mod, but rather an inquiry of how the product works (As the ad manager does state you can use template conditionals and variables).
    Last edited by Katsu4649; Thu 21 Jan '10, 11:41am.

Quick search over at www.vbulletin.org found this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=profile+field

There will likely be other discussions over there that help also
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I wanted to thank you for the link Trevor. I spent the entire day searching for something such as that. Now, all the other posters who are searching also that I came across, I am letting them know the same link you posted here.

Just wanted to say thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X