Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] repair/optimize tables??? return with error page

I have a large DB , appr. 8GB

when I do repair/optimize for all tables via VB CP except post table I got the result on the screen after a 10 to 15 seconds

but when I do repair/optimize to post table alone which is almost 7.5GB it keeps running for 70-90 seconds then I got

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
    •The website is temporarily unavailable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.
    •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

then I wait for a while and try again then I get in 50 -70 sec.

post Check Status: OK
    post Optimize Status: Table is already up to date

any idea why I get always errors in first time ??

php timeout

Comment

Yeah, it's a timeout but it didn't use to happen to me in 3.8, and now it happens on 4.01. Any ideas what settings I need to check, either PHP or in vbulletin itself? This didn't use to be a problem.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by josef View Post
          any idea why I get always errors in first time ??
          Who knows. Like he said, it's just a timeout issue. You can always use phpMyAdmin instead.

Comment

I found this to change the PHP timeout limit, but can anyone join in and tell me if it's a bad idea to implement this?

http://www.geekpedia.com/KB132_How-d...-PHP-code.html

If you would like to overwrite the script execution timeout limit defined in php.ini, you can do that directly from your PHP code using the following line:

// Set it to no-limit
            set_time_limit(0);

Of course you can as well set it to any time limit in seconds. The default time limit is 30 seconds.
            I recently upgraded servers so there's no reason for it to happen now when it didnt happen before with older hardware, so I'm guessing it's just this.

Comment

You're probably posting in the wrong forum now, as this is for vb4 issues. If you have a dedicated server, you want to post over in the server forum. If you're on a shared server, forget it, as your host will be overriding anything you do. If it was actually causing problems (it doesn't sound to me like it is), then you should just open a ticket at your host.

In general, I doubt you want to set a time limit of 0 for anything unless you really know what you're doing. If the process hangs, what would ever stop it?

Comment

Originally posted by vivamexico55 View Post

I recently upgraded servers so there's no reason for it to happen now when it didnt happen before with older hardware, so I'm guessing it's just this.
                You probably had the timeout limit increased on your old hardware and need to change the php.ini on your new hardware to match. Sounds simple.

Comment

oh damn
                  overload

cant repair / optimize table

no one tell me if it is forbidden
                  the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

Working...
                  X