Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicloay
    replied
    I'm not sure where this statement have been posted here or not. It change default value for showrating. alter table v_b_cms_node alter showrating set default 1;

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Each option can be set in the database. No need to edit it in templates.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	keepthread.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	3690442

Leave a comment:

• manyaa
    replied
    Above created a new bug for me. So please do not try. If try, try at your own risk. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by manyaa View Post
    You can change the default 'Yes' and 'No' radio buttons for article publishing page. For example I will tell how to convert "No" to "Yes" for 'Show Rating' radio button.

Go to admin> Styles and Templates> Search in Templates>
    Choose your style and Search for Text: vbcms_edit_publisher
    Click on 'Yes' for Search only Titles.

In above template look for following code:
    <div class="blockrow" >
    <label class="half">{vb:rawphrase show_rating}</label>
    <div class="half">
    <ul class="multifield group floatcontainer">
    <li><input type="radio" name="showrating" id="showrating0" value="1" <vb:if condition=
    "$showrating"
    > checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showrating0" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase yes}</label>&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:stylevar dirmark}</li>
    <li><input type="radio" name="showrating" id="showrating1" value="0" <vb:if condition=
    "!$showrating"
    > checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showrating1" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase no}</label></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

Now locate
    "$showrating"
    and change it to
    "!$showrating".
    And, locate
    "!$showrating"
    and change it to
    "$showrating".

Save and upload. You are done.
    Above solution created a new bug for me. So please do not try. If try, try at your own risk. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• manyaa
    replied
    Changing the default publishing options in Vbulletin CMS

Originally posted by Brew View Post
    Add me to the chorus of people who would need this.

I post a lot of stuff to the CMS and it's a bit of a pain to manually change each option before saving.

It shouldn't be a big deal to make a mod that would allow this, but it really belongs in the base install for the vbCMS.

Cheers!
    You can change the default 'Yes' and 'No' radio buttons for article publishing page. For example I will tell how to convert "No" to "Yes" for 'Show Rating' radio button.

Go to admin> Styles and Templates> Search in Templates>
    Choose your style and Search for Text: vbcms_edit_publisher
    Click on 'Yes' for Search only Titles.

In above template look for following code:
    <div class="blockrow" >
    <label class="half">{vb:rawphrase show_rating}</label>
    <div class="half">
    <ul class="multifield group floatcontainer">
    <li><input type="radio" name="showrating" id="showrating0" value="1" <vb:if condition=
    "$showrating"
    > checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showrating0" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase yes}</label>&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:stylevar dirmark}</li>
    <li><input type="radio" name="showrating" id="showrating1" value="0" <vb:if condition=
    "!$showrating"
    > checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> <label for="showrating1" class="secondary">{vb:rawphrase no}</label></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

Now locate
    "$showrating"
    and change it to
    "!$showrating".
    And, locate
    "!$showrating"
    and change it to
    "$showrating".

Save and upload. You are done.

Leave a comment:

• Brew
    replied
    Add me to the chorus of people who would need this.

I post a lot of stuff to the CMS and it's a bit of a pain to manually change each option before saving.

It shouldn't be a big deal to make a mod that would allow this, but it really belongs in the base install for the vbCMS.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Farshid.T
    replied
    I can't find the new fields that have been added in vb 4.2

Keep Original Thread

Move to Comments Forum

All Comments = showall ?

Can anyone please tell me how can I change the default values for the above three?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cms_node.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	3689673

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Bad, I've seen this too late but works like a charm now. Will the settings be kept if upgrading to a new release or do I have to make the changes again each time?

Leave a comment:

• mikebeam
    replied
    bump This should be a feature that you could save.

Leave a comment:

• karlm
    replied
    I have no idea. I also have no idea how to use the feature request, tracker thingy you're talking about - nor even where it is.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Is it in the tracker as an imporovement or feature request?

Leave a comment:

• karlm
    replied
    Good ideas. I'd also like to see an option in the ACP to change the default values for a preview-break. Currently it's set so only a few words, barely a full sentence, is shown on the front page.. I have to manually adjust every article to show more as I need viewers to see at least a couple of paragraphs of information.

Also, I think you should be able to use a BBcode (or similar) to highlight an area that you want to appear on the front page. At this time, the CMS grabs the first few words from an article - which might not explain a lot about the content of the article you're posting... If I were able to tell the CMS what part I wanted to appear as the preview, I could then grab an area with a lot more information. Most online newspapers use this idea so why can't we?

Leave a comment:

• karabaja
    replied
    I am surprised there isn't much more complaints about this issue.
    Can anyone suggest mysql queries that would change some of the options. I don't see why can't vbulletin staff suggest these queries rather then referring us to vb.org, you can always let admins run them on their own responsibility.
    I don't see a point of having "published" option set to No by default for example.

Leave a comment:

• kontagio.us
    replied
    I've been looking for this since this post was first made and the furthest I've got is in the database in the table called template under the row called vbcms_edit_publisher. It could possibly be under any of the vbcms_ rows?

Someone with more experience in mysql have any idea?

Leave a comment:

• dbigras
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    The integration is great, but it's ridiculous that this basic feature is not there. Just the fact that we decide to move away from Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress which has a great community that develops millions of apps, should be enough to provide us with the basic features we need to have a good CMS.

Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress are free and they are light years ahead of vbCMS.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment: