How do I change the default "Publishing Options"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kshaw View Post
    I looked in the database, and can see the values set for the pages currently published, but not the defaults. Are they not in the cms_node table?
    Ther ARE deafult values in the database. Some are 1, some are 0. But I do not know if they remain unchanged (by vB code) when you create articles of if they remain default.

Comment

They all exist and you just have to click the edit pencil to amend.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cmsnode.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	3679448

Comment

Having to manually reset the default options every time I publish an article is very tedious.

Is there not an easier way to implement a change in the default options without being scared out of even trying especially for a nontechnical type, i.e., 'do it at your own risk, etc.'? This should be easier to implement.

I repeat the same question asked originally. Moreover, I ask for a Complete Explanation, a Thorough Explanation of how to change the Default Publishing Options. An explanation a nontechnical type can study and then act on with Confidence.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

The only way to change them presently is via the DB table itself. No other method exists right now... either directly change them in the table or run an SQL command to change them, both are the same thing.

Comment

I wish there was a setting in the vB Admin CP to do this. Strange its not there already..
              Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

Bump, CMS 101.

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                    The integration is great, but it's ridiculous that this basic feature is not there. Just the fact that we decide to move away from Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress which has a great community that develops millions of apps, should be enough to provide us with the basic features we need to have a good CMS.

Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress are free and they are light years ahead of vbCMS.

Comment

I've been looking for this since this post was first made and the furthest I've got is in the database in the table called template under the row called vbcms_edit_publisher. It could possibly be under any of the vbcms_ rows?

Someone with more experience in mysql have any idea?
                      vBulletin Rules!

Comment

I am surprised there isn't much more complaints about this issue.
                        Can anyone suggest mysql queries that would change some of the options. I don't see why can't vbulletin staff suggest these queries rather then referring us to vb.org, you can always let admins run them on their own responsibility.
                        I don't see a point of having "published" option set to No by default for example.

Comment

Good ideas. I'd also like to see an option in the ACP to change the default values for a preview-break. Currently it's set so only a few words, barely a full sentence, is shown on the front page.. I have to manually adjust every article to show more as I need viewers to see at least a couple of paragraphs of information.

Also, I think you should be able to use a BBcode (or similar) to highlight an area that you want to appear on the front page. At this time, the CMS grabs the first few words from an article - which might not explain a lot about the content of the article you're posting... If I were able to tell the CMS what part I wanted to appear as the preview, I could then grab an area with a lot more information. Most online newspapers use this idea so why can't we?
                          VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
                          No Addons - none at all.

Comment

I have no idea. I also have no idea how to use the feature request, tracker thingy you're talking about - nor even where it is.
                            VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
                            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

bump This should be a feature that you could save.
                              Michael Beam

Droid Mobiles Net

Comment