• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How do I change the default "Publishing Options"

Every time I publish an article, I have to set:

Display Full Article in Section Page
    Display Pageviews
    Display Ratings

Is there a way I can set them to yes by default?

I'd like to know this as well, all the extra clicking seems unnecessary.

Comment

Yes, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Me too!

SGL.

Comment

quote, I need it too

Comment

Add me to the list.
            s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

ad me to pse

since i want to know how to set a default setting
              its getting on my nerves to do it manual all the time

Comment

*Bump* As would I!

Comment

I think it might be in the vbcms_edit_publisher template

<div class="fullwidth" >
                  <div class="half"><label>{vb:rawphrase show_full_article}</label></div>
                  <div class="half"><input type="radio" name="showpreviewonly" value="0"
                  <vb:if condition="!$showpreviewonly"> checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase yes}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="showpreviewonly" value="1"
                  <vb:if condition="$showpreviewonly"> checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase no} </div>
                  </div>

Comment

I think so too, but I tried switching the values and that didn't work . . .

Code:
                    ORIGINAL:
                    <div class="fullwidth" >
                            <div class="half"><label>{vb:rawphrase  show_full_article}</label></div>
                            <div class="half"><input type="radio"  name="showpreviewonly" value="0"
                                <vb:if condition="!$showpreviewonly">  checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase  yes}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="showpreviewonly"  value="1"
                                <vb:if condition="$showpreviewonly">  checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase no}  </div>
                         </div>
                    Code:
                    Extra Crispy:
                    <div class="fullwidth" >
                            <div class="half"><label>{vb:rawphrase  show_full_article}</label></div>
                            <div class="half"><input type="radio"  name="showpreviewonly" value="1"
                                <vb:if condition="!$showpreviewonly">  checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase  yes}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="showpreviewonly"  value="0"
                                <vb:if condition="$showpreviewonly">  checked="checked"</vb:if> tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase no}  </div>
                         </div>

Comment

Ugh! I've beeen trying to find away to do this... Anyone find a way to change these defaults yet?

Comment

Bump de bump, also looking for a way without editing templates.

Comment

This is set in the database. If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can edit the default there. Try at your own risk, but changing the setting for those fields should do it.
                          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

You can change the fields in the database - the cms_node table is where they are all stored and you can see all the fields there - showtitle, showuser, showpreviewonly, showupdated, etc.

1 is yes. 0 is no.

Change at your own risk

Comment

Another user looking for a way to change the default values for Publishing. I looked in the database, and can see the values set for the pages currently published, but not the defaults. Are they not in the cms_node table?

Comment