Read More (Full Article) Page Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Read More (Full Article) Page Layout

How do I have the "Read More" (full article) page layout different from the Latest News (Home)?
    Last edited by ZoDesigns.com; Sun 17 Jan '10, 7:59pm.

Ok, I found the "section" category settings page (on the front end which was odd). But I still don't know how I can get the home page on just "Home" as a section and not "Home > Section Name" (breadcrumb). If I make the section name "Home" then I get "Home > Home".

Comment

Still no luck after wasted hours... I am wanting to have a Top Story widget on the home page but when you view the "Read More" (full article) page, that Top Story widget should not appear.

Comment

This doable?

Comment

delete
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ZoDesigns.com; Thu 18 Feb '10, 7:13pm.

Comment

delete
            Last edited by ZoDesigns.com; Thu 18 Feb '10, 7:13pm.

Comment

have you tried setting the article as 'full article in preview'? you might need to edit the 'home' section and change the 'content columns' setting to either 1 column or 1x2 column, depending on your personal preferences.

Comment

I tried... still not what I am wanting...

Comment

So I figured this out almost a year ago but I forgot how I did it... I thought just setting the grid, layout and then the hidden pencil section would do it but nothing.

Comment

The only way to have the Article page layout be different than what you see on the Home page for the full article layout is to have the article in a different section than the Home page.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

ZoDesigns, I'm a little confused by what you are asking for, but I don't end up with Home>Home on my site... is that what you are trying to solve? http://pdaphonehome.com
                      Mikey
                      PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

I figured it out... I did not have the Section set to the correct Layout (it was set to inherit). Thanks Lynne. And yes mccollin, that is the look I am looking for.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X