Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrightStar
    replied
    I think the templates we might be using would have been created for VB 4.0.x and hence the code in there didnt change?

I had same problem on 4.0.3PL1 hence I replaced and it works

<div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
    <----This one works

Leave a comment:

• cagbaazee
    replied
    It works.. Thanks a lot for fix it up.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    As per my post above, it's already been fixed for 4.0.2.
    Thanks for the help, but FYI, recently I installed v4.0.3 and had to make the change you suggested.

Code:

<div class="content<vb:if condition="$show['first_ad'] OR $show['last_ad']"> hasad</vb:if>"> 

TO

<div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$show['first_ad'] OR $show['last_ad']"> hasad</vb:if>-->">
    Last edited by tsptom; Sun 23 May '10, 1:56pm.

Leave a comment:

• lifanovsky
    replied
    I guess it has something to do with whether or not you tried to alter these templates in the past. Would love to get some clue from support on this...

Leave a comment:

• eam
    replied
    Originally posted by AntonLargiader View Post
    I am not getting the extra 'ad padding' in my forum running 4.02PL1.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• AntonLargiader
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob_R View Post
    This was not fixed with vB 4.0.2
    I am not getting the extra 'ad padding' in my forum running 4.02PL1.

Leave a comment:

• lifanovsky
    replied
    Isn't there a solution for this?

Leave a comment:

• lifanovsky
    replied
    I have the same problem. Though I would like to actually put ads in this space for unregistered users. When I alter ad_thread_first_post_content template in any way, the blank space is still there, but ad is not showing. What should I do to actually show ad in this space? Preferably for unregistered users, though I would be thankful for a general directions at least.

Leave a comment:

• Bob_R
    replied
    Originally posted by eam View Post
    Seriously?!
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• eam
    replied
    As per my post above, it's already been fixed for 4.0.2.
    Originally posted by Bob_R View Post

Will it be fixed in 4.0.3?
    Seriously?!

Leave a comment:

• Bob_R
    replied

Will it be fixed in 4.0.3?

Leave a comment:

• alashram
    replied
    If this is just the first and last posts's on each page of a thread then this is a bug that's already been fixed for 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
    <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
    and change it to this:

Code:
    <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
    If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.

Thanks for the fix

Leave a comment:

• eam
    replied
    Originally posted by struff View Post
    oh. Sorry, I overlooked that because I'm not overly comfortable playing with edits like that. I guess I'll wait till the next rev.

Thanks for your time.
    No problem. The edits aren't hard at all but I know what you mean. I took the opportunity to enable ads - I probably wouldn't have thought of it if this issue hadn't come up, so I'm kind of glad it did. It's a pretty minor problem anyway - there are certainly bigger problems with this particular version. And they confirmed it would be fixed in the next version.

Leave a comment:

• struff
    replied
    Originally posted by eam View Post
    The solution? Pick one: apply the fix posted earlier in the thread
    oh. Sorry, I overlooked that because I'm not overly comfortable playing with edits like that. I guess I'll wait till the next rev.

Thanks for your time.

Leave a comment:

• eam
    replied
    Originally posted by struff View Post
    aaah, ok, I get it now. Thank you.

So what's the solution? Or should I just turn on ads since the space is being taken anyway? lol
    The solution? Pick one: apply the fix posted earlier in the thread, wait for the next forum update, or just enable ads.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X