No announcement yet.

Bodies of some posts don't take up entire post body area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem. Though I would like to actually put ads in this space for unregistered users. When I alter ad_thread_first_post_content template in any way, the blank space is still there, but ad is not showing. What should I do to actually show ad in this space? Preferably for unregistered users, though I would be thankful for a general directions at least.
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

Isn't there a solution for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_R View Post
        This was not fixed with vB 4.0.2
        I am not getting the extra 'ad padding' in my forum running 4.02PL1.
        My VB forum: BMWRA

Comment

Originally posted by AntonLargiader View Post
          I am not getting the extra 'ad padding' in my forum running 4.02PL1.
          Same here.

Comment

I guess it has something to do with whether or not you tried to alter these templates in the past. Would love to get some clue from support on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              As per my post above, it's already been fixed for 4.0.2.
              Thanks for the help, but FYI, recently I installed v4.0.3 and had to make the change you suggested.

Code:

<div class="content<vb:if condition="$show['first_ad'] OR $show['last_ad']"> hasad</vb:if>"> 

TO

<div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$show['first_ad'] OR $show['last_ad']"> hasad</vb:if>-->">
              Last edited by tsptom; Sun 23 May '10, 1:56pm.

Comment

It works.. Thanks a lot for fix it up.

Comment

I think the templates we might be using would have been created for VB 4.0.x and hence the code in there didnt change?

I had same problem on 4.0.3PL1 hence I replaced and it works

<div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
                  <----This one works

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X