Bodies of some posts don't take up entire post body area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    If this is just the first and last posts's on each page of a thread then this is a bug that's already been fixed for 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
    <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
    and change it to this:

Code:
    <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
    If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.
    Thank you sir.
    As my members who use cell phones were about to hang me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
      Yes, it happens when you do Go Advanced. If you do a Quick Reply then it will post across the entire width.
      That's not quite the case with my site. With mine, it is happening to all new post regardless of whether it's Advanced or Quick.

Comment

Because the ad space is positioned in the 1st and last post.
        s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
          Because the ad space is positioned in the 1st and last post.
          No, it does it even with Ads turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by struff View Post
            No, it does it even with Ads turned off.
            But it's still where the ads would be.

Comment

Originally posted by eam View Post
              But it's still where the ads would be.
              I don't think I know what you mean. This site doesn't have ads either, but yet I see posts on this page that are not filling the entire lines. This is the same thing that's happening on my site.

Comment

I don't think I know what you mean. This site doesn't have ads either, but yet I see posts on this page that are not filling the entire lines. This is the same thing that's happening on my site.
                In the first and last posts on a page, there is a blanks space on the right side of the post. This is where the 300x250 size ads go. The problem this thread is addressing is that the space for the ad is being taken into account when rendering the page when the ads are DISabled rather than flow to the edge of the post boundary.

You said it was doing this even with the ads turned off; I was basically agreeing but explaining what it was.

Comment

In the first and last posts on a page, there is a blanks space on the right side of the post. This is where the 300x250 size ads go. The problem this thread is addressing is that the space for the ad is being taken into account when rendering the page when the ads are DISabled rather than flow to the edge of the post boundary.

You said it was doing this even with the ads turned off; I was basically agreeing but explaining what it was.

aaah, ok, I get it now. Thank you.

So what's the solution? Or should I just turn on ads since the space is being taken anyway? lol

Comment

aaah, ok, I get it now. Thank you.

So what's the solution? Or should I just turn on ads since the space is being taken anyway? lol
                    The solution? Pick one: apply the fix posted earlier in the thread, wait for the next forum update, or just enable ads.

Comment

The solution? Pick one: apply the fix posted earlier in the thread
                      oh. Sorry, I overlooked that because I'm not overly comfortable playing with edits like that. I guess I'll wait till the next rev.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

oh. Sorry, I overlooked that because I'm not overly comfortable playing with edits like that. I guess I'll wait till the next rev.

Thanks for your time.
                        No problem. The edits aren't hard at all but I know what you mean. I took the opportunity to enable ads - I probably wouldn't have thought of it if this issue hadn't come up, so I'm kind of glad it did. It's a pretty minor problem anyway - there are certainly bigger problems with this particular version. And they confirmed it would be fixed in the next version.

Comment

If this is just the first and last posts's on each page of a thread then this is a bug that's already been fixed for 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
                          <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
                          and change it to this:

Code:
                          <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
                          If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.

Thanks for the fix

Comment

This was not fixed with vB 4.0.2

Will it be fixed in 4.0.3?

Comment

As per my post above, it's already been fixed for 4.0.2.
                              Originally posted by Bob_R View Post
                              This was not fixed with vB 4.0.2

Will it be fixed in 4.0.3?
                              Seriously?!

Comment

Seriously?!
                                Yes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X