No announcement yet.

Bodies of some posts don't take up entire post body area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's right. These are things that should not be happening in a release (not so much the 60% width thing as much as some of the other problems like the new posts links not working) and, what's worse, it sounds like at least a few of these problems weren't happening in the last update.

Comment

Yeah, he's definitely right. When I pay X dollars for X product which is marketed as better than before, I'd expect that this type of thing would get ironed out.

Meh. Another day, another post in my "to-do" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
        at least instruct how to make them function until the next release, which it two to three weeks away.
        As mentioned Trevor has provided a quick fix and also if you'd searched you'd have found this sooner and not needed to post about it again. It's not a huge show stopping bug thats stopping everyone using the software.
        Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Older View Post
          As mentioned Trevor has provided a quick fix and also if you'd searched you'd have found this sooner and not needed to post about it again. It's not a huge show stopping bug thats stopping everyone using the software.
          ?

I found the solution when it was posted and implemented it. There are other more basic functions that are still broken with none of these easy fixes.

And AGAIN, my point is that these things should be fixed BEFORE I download the software.
          s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Guys, enough...

This is not a chat room or a personal discussion forum - please take your disagreements elsewhere.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              If this is just the first and last posts's on each page of a thread then this is a bug that's already been fixed for 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
              <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
              and change it to this:

Code:
              <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
              If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.

Unfortunately, this fix will not work for the CMS as i still have same issue there, the forum section do was fixed.

Thanks,
              MultiSoftPR

Comment

It seems like this could be related to the inclusion of ads in the first and last posts on a page - will the fix in the next update allow the ads to be displayed correctly if enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by MultiSoftPR View Post
                  Unfortunately, this fix will not work for the CMS as i still have same issue there, the forum section do was fixed.

Thanks,
                  MultiSoftPR
                  Sorry but this relates to a problem with the first and last post in a forum thread, not the CMS so the fix is correct for that problem. If you're having a problem with the CMS, please start a thread regarding that problem or append to one already open.

Originally posted by eam View Post
                  It seems like this could be related to the inclusion of ads in the first and last posts on a page - will the fix in the next update allow the ads to be displayed correctly if enabled?
                  Yes
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

It's unreal how you even have it in this forum. It only gives the message that "We know there are bugs, but live with them, we do".

Comment

it's not making a massive difference really is it?
                      Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

If this is just the first and last posts's on each page of a thread then this is a bug that's already been fixed for 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
                        <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
                        and change it to this:

Code:
                        <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
                        If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.
                        Are you sure its a bug. My understanding is ... Its a slot for the thread advertising to fit into. I LOVE IT! Its so smart. They should make an on/off select for it though ( IN THE CP ADMIN settings) , which I'm sure they will once the main bugs are caught up.
                        Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                        created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

Code:
                          and change it to this:

Code:
                          Another problem band aided... for now..

Comment

You guys are so dark and ready to attack like wolves. This CMS is awesome and getting better. I have nothing but praise.
                            Touch wood
                            Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                            created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

Originally posted by MrChuck View Post
                              Another problem band aided... for now..
                              You forgot the pic.

s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

I'm with you all. This fix works. Thanks Trevor. I'm as happy with CMS as Audiokid but as frustrated as solidground, however - the buck stops with me, I hit the upgrade switch not VBulletin..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X