How do you arrange tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How do you arrange tabs?

I posted this earlier but it disappeared. Can't find it in search.

How do you arrange tabs the way you want?

Thanks

you would have to edit the navbar and put them in the order you want.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

So what is this?

Highlights of what’s fixed in 4.0.1:
      • [Tab Ordering] Added Tab Index Ordering

And also how would you rename a tab, and have it changed in the breadcrumb also? Phrases? But I don't want to change every instance of the word Home.

Thanks

Comment

The tab ordering has to do with something else (it was explained in a couple of threads here, but I forget.... tabbing through forms, I think?). Most all text in vb is a phrase. The Home tab is the phrase 'site'.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thanks. Now how would I make the Home tab appear after the Forum tab? Would it have to be in the code? I looked but can't figure it out.

Comment

You would change the template_hook location in the plugin. Look in the navbar and find the template_hook you wish it to use and then change it in the plugin.

Comment

I don't get that. I look in plugins and I all I see is blog and CMS plugins. What do you mean exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by indie View Post
                I don't get that. I look in plugins and I all I see is blog and CMS plugins. What do you mean exactly?
                Yeah, it's one of the blog plugins - Navbar: Eval Blog Link Template and Validate Styleid . You'll see in there that they use a $template_hook to put in the navtab - $template_hook['navtab_middle']. So, change that template_hook location to the place you want.

Comment

So a blog plugin controls the entire navbar, even when not on blog pages? I'm just trying to change the overall tab oder. Maybe I don't get it.

Comment

You said you looked in the products and only see blog and cms plugins. So, I was pointing out that for those tabs - blogs and cms - they are plugins and then I gave specifics regarding the Blog navtab. For all other navtabs besides the ones added by plugins, you will have to rearrange them in the navbar template to put them in the order you want.

Comment

Sorry but I'm confused. I want to swap some tabs globally. Say, for example, Home and Forum. I want it to say Forum, then Home in the main tabs.

Comment

Then move the location of the Home tab. The position is set by the $template_hook. If you open the plugin for the Home navtab (Navbar: Insert CMS Navbar Entry), it says this:
                        Code:
                        $template_hook['navtab_start'] .= .....
                        So, it is being positioned using the navtab_start template_hook location. You have a couple of other navtab template_hook locations to choose from. You can see them by opening up your navbar and doing a search for "template_hook" and seeing other template_hooks that start with the phrase navtab_*... I think the others are navtab_middle and navtab_end, but I can't remember (so go look in the navbar template). So, change the location to one of those in the plugin and Save.

Comment

I finally think I understand, will try, thanks.

Does this mean change in multiple plugins though?

Comment

I don't know what you mean by change multiple plugins.... Any plugin you have that has a navtab in it that you want to move should be changed. If you like where the navtab is, then no need to change it.

Comment

This could have been solved 1) ifvb4 had documentation or 2) you just gave the detailed instructions to the guy. Too much to ask for software we paid for?

Would have saved a lot more time that telling him in the way you did. Oh well. In the same boat here. Can't find no instructions anywhere. Just these type threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X