No announcement yet.

Fatal error: Out of memory.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Fatal error: Out of memory.....

Ive been in the middle of creating my new vbulletin site from scratch using the 4.0 - Granted I have been programming a lot of usergroups and different forums - I ran into this error

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 59506688) (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in includes/adminfunctions.php on line 3341

Ive read other posts pertaining to this type of issue - and the answer is to have the host bump up the memory limit to accomidate the size.

.....but really I dont think I have that much thats using that much memory. I have an arcade plugin and vbseo, but other than that no plugins really.

So instead of asking the host company to bump my memory up, are there things I can delete to free up memory? It seems that even if I go to delete usergroups or forums, I get the out of memory error message....Is there a cache I can erase? Stuff I can delete to free up that space?

Thanks

creat a .htaccess file with this code:
    Code:
    php_value memory_limit 150M
    and upload it to the root directory of the forum

Comment

thanks for the suggestion.... i dont mean for this to turn into something I need to address on a different company's website, but I already have a .htaccess in my root that reads with the following:

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
      # to disable mod_rewrite functions.
      # Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
      # the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
      RewriteEngine On
      # Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
      # enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
      # Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
      # to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
      #RewriteBase /
      #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.yourdomain\.com
      #RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/forums/$1 [L,R=301]
      RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
      RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
      RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

--all vbseo stuff.... im not prolific with my programming language, so If I were to take your suggestion, would I disable all the vbseo stuff in the .htaccess or ? I add your line after the last and the website stops working

Comment

..and actually I can still create files and such, its just that after every move i make, the move happens, but the error message comes up.

Comment

You should add it after all the code you already have

Comment

if you have an php.ini you can try to edit it aswell

Comment

you don't set it as 150..lol
              do you have access to the php.ini file?
              you'll want to set it in increments of 8
              16, 32. 64 or 128
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Modify the php ini...now granted I find it odd that you should need to do this on a default install.
                CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

thanks for the responses

adding the php_value memory_limit 128m dosent do anything but crash the website

Yeah well heres the other thing - I use shared with hostgator - which dosent give access to the php.ini, i believe

so theres no memory cache of files to delete or clear out? just take it up with my server company and increase the MB? of course I know if my site is 'big' i need to upgrade my server plan, I get that, but can my site be that big already? with my many forums and usergroups?

Comment

well it might be that the server itself is out of memory ? ram?

can we see your site? or how many visitors you get daily?

Comment

Originally posted by cp4 View Post
                      thanks for the responses

adding the php_value memory_limit 128m dosent do anything but crash the website

Yeah well heres the other thing - I use shared with hostgator - which dosent give access to the php.ini, i believe

so theres no memory cache of files to delete or clear out? just take it up with my server company and increase the MB? of course I know if my site is 'big' i need to upgrade my server plan, I get that, but can my site be that big already? with my many forums and usergroups?
                      If php isn't setup to handle getting directives from .htaccess (and it probably shouldn't be) then it won't work with the mentioned method.

It really isn't about how "big" your site is, it's about how many people are online at one time including guests, and what modifications you have installed. The CMS I'd venture to say isn't really shared hosting friendly, and honestly vBulletin 4 by default may have out grown hosts like HostGator who cram their servers full of everyone they can get on there.

Comment

I dont have site visitors or guests, im still programming everything - its a new site. I have 200+ forums and 300+ usergroups programmed (no content yet) on my site so far - if that sounds like that will burn up 64mb, then I just need to bump up the mb's with my server and upgrade plans, but thats what its starting to sound like.

Comment

line 3341 reads: build_datastore('forumcache', serialize($vbulletin->forumcache), 1);

Comment

so what do you all think?

Comment

Originally posted by cp4 View Post
                              I dont have site visitors or guests, im still programming everything - its a new site. I have 200+ forums and 300+ usergroups programmed (no content yet) on my site so far - if that sounds like that will burn up 64mb, then I just need to bump up the mb's with my server and upgrade plans, but thats what its starting to sound like.
                              No members and 200+ forums and 300+ usergroups.

Doesn't sound like fun, but yes with vB4 and how it seems to handle these things, 64MB might not be enough coming from a shared environment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X